We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electrical converter/adapter/plug

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
8 posts
Save Topic
Electrical converter/adapter/plug

I was wondering what type of converter/plug I will need to buy in order to use anything I bring with me from the US that needs to be plugged in to the wall? I'm travelling with hair dryers, laptop, and other things and want to make sure that I will be able to use them.

Thank you all so much in advance, your help always means so much!

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electrical converter/adapter/plug

Its the standard European 2 round pin. Just remember that in Europe the voltage is 220-240 so make sure whatever you bring has dual voltage capability (your laptop should be ok) or you will end up with a melted hair dryer!

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electrical converter/adapter/plug

…wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_socke…

You need converter from European C/E plug to US A/B socket. Don't forget we use the European standard of 220-240 volts at 50 Hz.

Pennsyvlania
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Electrical converter/adapter/plug

Elsie

Go to a Walmart and buy a Adaptor Set.

The Remington Set cost me 14.99. Sure they're a bit higher now.

Patia

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Electrical converter/adapter/plug

Don't use a straight adapter (i.e. one without a converter) with your cell phone or anything that's not dual voltage. There are heavy duty converters you can get that will allow you to safely plug in whatever as they conver the plug and voltage for you.

5. Re: Electrical converter/adapter/plug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 19:17