We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for getting your Zlotys

Sidcup, Kent, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for getting your Zlotys

Do not get your Zlotys before you go! I did and was charged a rate of 5.1 at the post office - similary rate was also being offer at the Airport. Everywhere you go in Krakow (in all hotels and on every road you could possibly walk down) there are exchange places (Kantor I think they were called)where rates vary from 5.5 to 5.9 - far far better than any rate you could get at home in the UK.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for getting your Zlotys

I got a decent rate of 5.4 on Picadilly, but you are correct, you get a much better rate if you change your pounds when you arrive.

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for getting your Zlotys

Change you money in poland at a KANTOR, you get a much better rate than in banksor hotels

You may need some zloty for transport from airport, in which case just change a small amount at the airport as they have the worst exchange rates in all of poland

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
306 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for getting your Zlotys

I second Kate's suggestion, KANTORs are best. Do not try to change your money at the airport nor, of course, in your hotel - you are going to be ripped off. Most KANTORs do not take any commission, so if they want one, just look for another one.