We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

My wife and I are heading to Krakow shortly. Her birthday falls on the Monday of our visit and I'm looking for suggestions for a restaurant for a celebratory birthday meal. We'd prefer a Polish restaurant but are open to any suggestions as we like most things. Price is not an issue but ideally I'd love somewhere not too formal with great food and a cosy atmosphere. We're staying just east of the Old Town at the Wielopole. Many thanks!

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

Check out a place called Paese. It's a Corsican restaurant - very nice & about 5 minutes from your hotel. Alternatively, there is a fantastic place called Ognien i Mieczem (Fire & Sword) on the other side of the river about a 10 minute taxi ride away. It's made up like a mountain cabin - animal heads & furs on the wall, a roaring fire, fair maidens serving massive steins of beer,etc.

Have a good time wherever you go.

http://www.fema.krakow.pl/~restaura/rrev_en.htm

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

for atmosphere....try szara....on the square....nice gothic arches

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

Many thanks, that's really helpful. Will definitely check these out.

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
621 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

I wouldn't trust the website marked as:

Last updated May 25th, 2000

:)

I would also check:

- Nostalgia

http://www.nostalgia.krakow.pl/index-en.htm

- Cul-De-Sac

www.donimirski.com/en/cul-de-sac__resto_bar/

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

Another vote for Nostalgia from me, but you could also consider Wierzynek (it might be a bit too formal) or Pod Aniolami (amazing interior, excellent pierogi).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

Nostalgia looks perfect for the birthday dinner and we'll definitely be visiting some of the other recommendations during our stay in Krakow. Thanks again!

wales
Level Contributor
341 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

Hi, i would definatley try Miod Malina on Grodska st.

The food is superb,you would probably have to book as its full most nights.My husband and i had our 20th anniversary dinner there on tuesday and the food was excellent.They were even turning people away as they had no tables to offer.Also has a menu that would suit all tastes.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

We've just returned from our first visit to Krakow and wanted to say thank you for the restaurant recommendations. We had dinner at Nostalgia, Pod Aniolami and Szara - all memorable dining experiences with wonderful food, atmospheric interiors and great service. Krakow is a beautiful city and we're hoping to return soon to resume our culinary adventures! Again, many thanks.

9. Re: Restaurant recommendations for birthday dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 05:23