We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area Info

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Area Info

I am looking at an apartment to rent in mid sept. for 4 nights. It is situated on the corner of Szpitalna Street and Swietego Tomasza on the 2nd floor. Anyone please able to enlighten me as to the area in terms of convenience, night nose and safety?

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area Info

It's 100 m from the Main Square, so you will be in the middle of everything :)

Sz-n
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Area Info

I second that. Superb location , as for nigh noise can't comment, it depends on where your windows are out sometimes but generally old town area has not traffic noise problem but rather crowd leaving pubs at night and so.

wales
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Area Info

We stayed in Szpitalna street in January. In Old town apartments studio b & b. There was a bar/pub in the cellar of the building, which didnt bother us in the slightest.We could hear the music but not to loudly, and as we packed in as much as we could into our days and evenings we returned back to our apartment so tired that we would have slept through anything....As for safety, we never had any problems during our four night stay in Krakow but I think one has to use common sense as well? I always tell myself wherever we go abroad, dont do anything here that you wouldnt do at home, and to be honest it always works for me. And as for convenience, your a few minutes walk from the main square, right in the centre of everything. Plenty of shops, restaurants, bars ,cafes [ plenty of shops on Szpitalna street, large corner shop as I call it/ mini supermarket that sells everything at the end of the street], its also a nice but not long walk to Galleria Krak.owska ,if you like shopping you will love this place [I did!] And across from there is the train and bus station.We caught the bus at the bus station to Auschwitz, payed a really silly amount something like 6 zlotys I think, or was it 8 zlotys? Bus stops just outside the Museum, we bought a map/guide book there and wandered around at our own pace. On our return didnt have to go to the bustop, there was a bus in the carpark with a sign Krakow on the front, we just got on and payed our single fare, so easy................... One last thing, when you visit Krakow go to the Wedel cafe/shop on the main square Rynek Glowny, you have to taste their house speciality, The hot chocolate, its heaven....

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area Info

Great location. But...we were just in Krakow about 3 weeks ago. Szpitalna Street is completely dug up. It was very muddy and you will be hampered by road/sidewalk construction.

Not a big deal, really. Just be forewarned.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area Info

Thanks for all the info.and the heads up. I suppose if the street is dug up it will not be fixed by Sept.Perhaps it will keep the night time noise under control!!

Ras Tanura, Saudi...
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area Info

Hi,

Would you mind giving the details, such as cost, name,size, etc, of the apartment you mentioned?

I'm considering a stay for a few weeks in Krakow this July, and what you've mentioned sounds perfect.

Thanks,

Bryon

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Area Info

I went through a company called Old Town Apartments that also does business under apartmentsapart dot com. You can go to their website and look up their various apartments. The website will quote you rates for your particular dates, give you map locations and pictures. For our studio apartment that sleeps upto 4 we will be paying 61 euros a night (all fees included) We hope to get some laundry done as we are packing real light.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Area Info

I believe the apartment is called Studio??? I rented this apt. from Old Town Apartments, but changed it because it didn't have an internet connection available. Looked like a nice apt. and the price is certain right!

Regarding street construction: I didn't know when you were traveling, but I would assume things should be back to normal by Sept.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Area Info

You are correct it is Studio Blue. I just went and rechecked- they do not have internet connection. I had not noticed as I want have my computer with me and it is not important to me

Surrey
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Area Info

SODISPAR apartments - every time! Excellent!!!