We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on Trams In Krakow

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Information on Trams In Krakow

Hello

I am planning a trip to Krakow and will be arriving at the main train station (Krakow Glowny). at about 12 Noon I have reservations at the Qubus Hotel, Ul Nadwislanska. Could someone tell me if there is a tram that would get me to the hotel? The number of the tram, where I could catch it at Train Station, number of stops--any of that information would be most appreciated.

Dziekuje

KRAKOW
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

Sorry,but I recommend you taxi( is much easy) - cost is about 5 dollars U.S.

You must question taxi-driver before drive : how much ?-, because taxi have not same price !! in Krakow(sometimes is very expensiv !!!

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

You can catch the 13, 24, 74 (weekdays) from the Dworzec Glowny stop (corner of Basztowa and Westerplatte) and get off at Plac Bohaterow Getta (5th stop). Buy a ticket from any kiosk and don't forget to stamp it in the machines as soon as you get on.

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

Thank you so much. Are there facilities at the Train Station or the Tram Stop to purchase a multiday ticket for trams as I expect I will be usimng often given my hotel location. Alos, do you know whether the same lines you mentioned are the ones that I would take from the hotel to the Main Market Square or perhaps Warwel Castle?

I really appreciate your help.

And since you seem so knolwedgeable, any suggestions for good but not overly expensive Polish food restuarants in Krakow?

Thanks again

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

theres a kiosk selling ticketts right there where you get your tram....also there if i'm not mistaken is a map showing all the tram line routes...study it for a bit and you will be able to get around krakow like a pro...the old town is pedestrianize so you will have to walk to the square....there a hundreds of restaurants..you can peruse this board for reccommendations as they have been made so many times already

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

Here's a link for a map of the tram system in Krakow:

http://mpk.komunikacja.krakow.pl/tramwaj.gif

indiana
Level Contributor
260 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

Good luck using the trams. We were in Krakow recently and have a very dificult time finding anyone that could speak English with information about the trams. People were helpful, but the ones we spoke to only seemed to know about the trams that they used. We walked most places and used a cab when necessary. The cabs are inexpensive.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

Sorry tjh780, I must disagree. just print off a copy of the tram map, then get a 24hr or 72hr pass, and off you go. If I can do it - anyone can do it.

Kind regards

DAVE Bristol uk

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

Thanks for all the assistance! As to using the trams, I am confident wI will do okay. I just got back from a week in Moscow and if I could navigate their subway (with no English whatsovere on the signs and very frew people speaking it), I hope I can do as well in Krakow! Thanks again for your assistance.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

yes for us mericans it can be a bit difficult at first until you come accross a map....after that its a breeze

texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Information on Trams In Krakow

Casey,

I have really enjoyed your information. Can you give me any info on buying a multi day pass for public transportation. Cost of that versus individual trips.

thanks