We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle train

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport shuttle train

How much is the airport shuttle train to Krakow these days? Last two times i have visited Krakow i have used it, and would recommend it too!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shuttle train

It's now 8zl each way. Here's a link containing further details:

www.krakowairport.pl/en/37/176/35/Pociag

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shuttle train

Just back last week and it is 8 from the conductor but 7 from Krakow on the station per person

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shuttle train

Sorry to jump on your post Sluglips, but Sandybee - in your opinion, do you think it would be possible for a wheelchair user to use the train transfer, I can get out of my chair and do a few steps with a walking stick if needed, and will be travelling with my husband who is used to getting me about.

Thanks.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport shuttle train

I do not know if it helps but here is the picture of this train:

pl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php…

Tarnowskie Góry
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport shuttle train

I never used the shuttle train myself but judging by the picture there are no steps to worry about, probably the train floor will be around 10 cm higher than platform so I think you will be able to get in and get out by yourself.

Moryc

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport shuttle train

Train floor is not aligned with the platform. The difference is significant at the train station in Kraków, you will definitely need help. You will also need to locate the lift that will move you to tunnel (as far as I remember this is the only option, as there is no direct lift to the parking space above the station from the platform used by airport shuttle).

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport shuttle train

Krakowianka - Many thanks for the picture; WojtekF - the information you have provided is most useful, many thanks, the fact that I now know there is no lift from plateform is of value, you mention a lift down to tunnel, can you advice how I would then get back uo to ground level? (iif you know of course) Maybe I will need to get a taxi after all!

Thanks all for your help.

Wilmington Delaware
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport shuttle train

Juejosh-

we took the train back to the airport and took a taxi from the airport. I hate to say it, but you may have to take a taxi if you are in a wheelchair. The step down into the train from the platform at the Main Krakow station is severe, we struggled and we are young. Also, to get to the train from the airport, you need to take a shuttle bus from the airport and it did not appear that you could stow your luggage or your chair anywhere except on the bus which was crowded with people and their luggage. Although you can walk to the station from the airport, it is kind of a barren road. Unfortunately, the taxi is longer (travel time 30-40 min) and is very expensive compared to the train. The traffic is horrible all around Krakow which is why the taxi takes so long.

Good Luck and enjoy

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport shuttle train

Ground level from tunnel is easy. Tunnel is accessible for wheelchairs. You simply go left (so you will have the ticket counters and ATMs on your right-hand side) and you will exit at ground level (I guess there is a taxi stop, but it's a mixture of different taxi companies, I don't trust some of them).

The other taxi stop is literally over the platforms, but not all platforms got lift that will take you there, that's why I suggested going to tunnel first (you can find lift that will take you to the parking space there).

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport shuttle train

If you decide for the train take to tunnel solution - the tunnel goes to huge shopping center - if you cross it to Pawia street then you have roughly 100 meters to the Matejko hotel - if I understood well it is your hotel of choice. It is not that difficult as it might sound from some posts.