We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses/ trams & trains

Belfast
10 posts
Save Topic
Buses/ trams & trains

I am staying at the petrus hotel on Pietrusinskiego 12 Krakow. I was wondering the best way to get into the centre of Krakow. I have been told I can get the bus 112 3 minutes from the hotel but I don't know the street name to get it from and also I was informed that it would drop me 10 mins walk from the centre.

I was told the tram is 10mins walk from the hotel but brings me into the centre but I don't know where to get the tram either or what number it is.

Finally I was told it's a 30 mins walk along the park but I don't know how safe it is at night.

There are numerous thing I want to do there including the salt mines and Auschwitz and I have been told to pre book them, would anyone have any ideas of the cheapest and pretty good tours.

Any help with the above would be greatly appreciated.

Melanie

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
638 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses/ trams & trains

Hope it's not too late ;)

Definitely use trams. It's the most convenient way to get to the centre. The only tram stop within reasonable range is called Kapelanka, please ask for the directions in the hotel.

Trams:

18 - in direction "Cichy Kącik", suggested stops to get off: "Wawel", "Plac Wszystkich Świętych"

19 - in direction "Krowodrza Górka", suggested stops to get off: "Poczta Główna"

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses/ trams & trains

Melanie, there is a tourist info centre in the park(Planty) across the road from the Train station and Andels hotel. Try and pick up a free copy of "Krakow in your pocket" from your hotel which will be a great help. To explore the Old Town with its' square, try and get a tram to that goes along STRASZEWSKIEGO on the west side or WESTERPLATTE on the east side of the Planty. Once you have your map, you will find that it is not too much hassle. Have a look at the "Cracowlife" website as well for more info. Have a read of the Auschwitz forums as I went by public transport by myself which was cheaper than a tour. You can then go at your pace not the tours.Hope this helps. Tony.

3. Re: Buses/ trams & trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 05:17