We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zibi the taxi driver

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Zibi the taxi driver

I've heard nothing but good things about him and his website is very good. But what are his prices?? There are 4 of us who would like to go to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines, it would be great to get an estimated price on that. Also, does he stay with us the entire day as a tour guide or will he just drop us off and pick up at a certain time??

Thanks!

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

Hi Sqshers, we used Bob recently - in June, and went to Auschwitz as well as using him for transfers to/from airport; yes he stayed with us all day, was very repliable and punctual, and full of stories and an insight from a local person is always useful.

I cannot recomend him highly enough.

Surrey
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

Just email Zibi and he will give you prices for the trips you require. If you want to go to Auschwitz or the salt mine he will stay and wait and is also happy to go in and arrange tickets etc - very helpful and speaks excellent English.

england
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

Just back from an amazing trip to Krakow (or Cracow as it appears in most of my guide books).

I booked my airport transfer with a company called Zibi Transfers-Krakow that I found on Google, and when I exited the arrivals hall at Krakow Airport, there was Zibi with a sign with my name that made it easy to spot him amongst the throng. He helped us with our baggage and took us into town, and in English (a major advantage when you don't speak a word of Polish) he recommended us places to go and what to do when we were there.

We were so enamoured by Zibi that after he dropped us at our hotel we decided to use him throughout our stay. He took us to Auschwitz-Birkenau, took us to the fabulous salt mines at Wieliczka and organised a guide to show us around. Aside from being courteous, helping us with bags/shopping and with great tips about the place, he was happy to afor us (we were a little late a couple of times).

We couldn't thank Zibi enough when he was taking us back to the airport, and so I thought I would drop a note, just to let everyone know that my wife, friends and I would all recommend Zibi-Transfers-Krakow for you transfer and taxi needs when you go to Krakow

Simon, London

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

Well,

I'm one who emailed Zibi for a quote regarding a day trip, and I never got an answer back from him.

Besides Bob Taxi, Others have recommended:

Andrew Durman at:

www.tour-service.pl

As well as Daniel at:

office@krakowtrip.com

Volos, Greece
Level Contributor
146 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

My family and me have just returned from a six days trip to Poland .

It was a great experience .

As far as Krakow , I would like to point out that one of the factors that made our staying there fabulous , was Daniel's agency : www.krakowtrip.com mail:info.krakowtrip@gmail.com .

Thomas ,our driver / guide( very gentle and smiling young man )came and got us from the Sheraton hotel at 09.30 a.m., took us to Auschwitz , then to the Salt mines ( as I had asked him , we could do that in two days , but we had limited time ).

We were not tired at all !!! the journey was so relaxing .

Getting back at 19.00 p.m. he even took us for a ride to the Kazimierz district and to Schindler's factory , because we just asked him !!

Last but not least : the money we paid were not much !!!It wasn't expensive at all !!

California
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

We used Zibi as well during our stay in Krakow in early September. I emailed him before our trip and he quoted us prices for the trips that we were interested in. He picked us up at the airport and took us to our apartment. He pointed out places to eat and see on the way there. He also took us to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines and took very good care of us on both of those trips. We also used Zibi to take us back to the Airport. He was always good natured and helpful. Would definitely use him again if we ever go back to Poland.

Wales
Level Contributor
66 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

My wife and I have just come back from Krakow and we too used Zibi for the airport transfers and Auschwitz tour; can only add my wholehearted endorsement of using Zibi as he is a highly knowledgeable, professional and friendly guy who certainly made our visit go without a hitch !!

Wales
Level Contributor
66 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

My wife and I have just come back from Krakow and we too used Zibi for the airport transfers and Auschwitz tour; can only add my wholehearted endorsement of using Zibi as he is a highly knowledgeable, professional and friendly guy who certainly made our visit go without a hitch !!

Wales
Level Contributor
66 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

My wife and I have just returned from Krakow and we too used Zibi for airport transfers and Auschwitz tour. He looked after us very well, reccommending good restaurants and advising us on the best time to go on our tour. All in all a very professional and friendly service that I can heartily reccommend !!

10. Re: Zibi the taxi driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 17:57