We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

Hi,

Flying to Krakow on the 27 May for 5 nights, what are the most interesting and entertaining attractions to see? Staying at Hotel Swing. Is there much to see in the countryside if I hire a car for the day?

any help would be great thanks!

Andrew

Krakow
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

Hi,

You'll find all you need here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k3478…

Best regards and have a nice stay in Krakow

Adrian

Cracow, Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

there are a lot of interesting sites around Cracow, if you are not interested in the very city, but rather prefer to drive around and do some sightseeing on your own.

-remains of The Fortress Cracow fortification complex from XIX c. dozens of beautiful forts scattered in and around the city, if you`re into that kind of things, some objects are in the centre, some are quite remote. almost every district had a fort, most are now quite forgotten.

-Ojcow valley, north of Cracow. interesting natural landscape, including famous Hercules Club rock, and beautiful renessaince castle in Piaskowa Skala

-20 km west of Cracow - Krzeszowice, former spa town, great Potocki family palace with old english style park (v.beautiful), Tenczyn castle ruins, and there is a great country club nearby in Paczoltowice ( pro golf club, horseriding, shooting range)

-east of Cracow, town of Niepolomice is worth seeing.

ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

definitely auschwitx and the salt mines, you can do both in one day, zakopane (possibly should stay there 1 night), the jewish area/wawel will take a day, while car hire is an option - have you considered a taxi?, may e cheaper, google it to find out

Bay of Plenty...
Level Contributor
47 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

Hi Andrew. We have just arrived home from Poland and if I can catch you before you go I can give you the name of a driver who was wonderful. He approached us on the streets in Krakow, and naturally we were a bit hesitate at first but he saved us heaps and was fantastic. Read my review on Krakow or email me and I will give you his details. He speaks very good english as has lived in America and is full of information about Krawkow. He will take you to the camps, wait and bring you home for 120 Zloters each. We were quoted 400 Zloters one way by a taxi driver and then he would not wait. The camps are about an hours driver by taxi out of Krakow and the buses considerably longer. Please ring me as this guy will make your stay worthwhile.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

Hi, Thats great info - send me an email on stracrat@hotmail.com and ill see if i can contact the man once in krakow

Bay of Plenty...
Level Contributor
47 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

I will email you now with his contact details. Cheers

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

Adrian, ewain, wojtek:

Does anyone actually do their homework anymore? Getting so tired of where should I stay, what should I do, where should I eat, etc."

Adrian wrote:

<<<Hi,

You'll find all you need here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k3478…

Best regards and have a nice stay in Krakow

Adrian>>>

8. Re: 5 nights in Krakow from 27 May - What should I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 05:16