We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

India
Level Contributor
26 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187768-i20-k37530… is the long thread.

We're there on 31 Aug & 1st Sep!

Can you guys guide on:

a. the hotel (Secret garden ok at the price - 42 eur?)

b. the weather

c. The must-see architectural places we should see

d. How to book the train to Prague - I so wish we could book it online like trenitalia!!

berlin
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

Price is quite ok but I know that Aston Hotel in Cracow is a great place to spent time, is also in a city centre and it's a little bit cheaper. They will tell you what should you visit, where to go, how to find attractions..:) Very nice, helpful stuff works there..

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

It's likely to be hot, dry and sunny at that time of year.

Architectural highlights are the Old Town and Wawel Castle. You have only around 36 hours here so you won't see much more in that time, and a couple of those will be spent at the train station buying tickets to Prague.

India
Level Contributor
26 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

Thanks both!

@ewain - any opinions on secret garden?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

Sorry - I've not stayed there but it's in far side of the Jewish district which is about a 15-20 minute walk from the Old Town, and quite a way from the train station. Given that you're here only for a few hours, I'd advise you to find something nearer the station.

nyc
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

I recommend Campanile Cracovia

it is a 3 minute walk from the square and is in Old Town.

Rates from 100-60 USD.

India
Level Contributor
26 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

Thanks Philip. Campanile looks nice. Am getting a deal of 99zl (26 EUR right?) for a double room there. Clearly wifi and breakfast are payable separately.

The website doesnt specify what is/isnot in the room except double/twin beds. can you share any link to the room pictures etc?

biggest question - is the double room having an ensuite bathroom or not? That's the only concern we have!!

The visitors tax is 1.6 zloty per person, right?

nyc
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

Wifi is free atleast when I went there last year.

99ZL! wow that's a great price!

Well yes bathroom is included, with shower of course.

TV as well. No refrigerator, but since it has air conditioning, your drinks will be kept cool.

nyc
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

The double room I received last year was plenty big even for 2 people.

I have no idea about the tax, but for 99ZL you have a steal, or is that per person?

I paid only 60USD for myself last year.

It is next to the park that surrounds part of Old Town and across from a classical music school, so you will hear mozart or beethoveen or better yet Chopin when you leave your hotel in he morning.

India
Level Contributor
26 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

he he... thanks. We don't mind facing this sort of music in the morning :D

and its a special deal - non-cancellable, non-transferable etc etc. Think an ultra-restricted low cost ticket :)

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
35 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Krakow sightseeing/hotel/train help

Philip is right,

Campanile is a good option, quite nice hotel and the location is PERFECT, your like 5 min walk from the Main Market Square but you avoid the noise.

I believe wifi is free at the lobby, but I wouldn't recommend eating breakfast there ;) !!

for breakfast you can try LOZA cafe http://www.loza.pl/ they have really good typical polish breakfast & more

oh, and the campanile staff will give you all the advice you'd need about the trips & events in Krakow, also you'll find there a lot of flyers about what's going on in the city.

If the weather is nice I would recommend a boat trip down the river, and of course: Market Square, Wawel Castle and the Jewish Neighbourhood - while you're there don't miss the famous "Zapiekanki" on Plac Nowy - get in the longest line - that's the best spot ;-) really delicious ;-)

(if you use fb you can check it out: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Zapiekanki-na-krakowskim-Kazimierzu/68733059780?ref=ts)

and if you're a dessert fan - tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274772-d1… that's my favourite spot for desserts!)

Have fun in Krakow,

Cheers,