We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Has anyone ever used auschwitztour.com?

I'm looking for a day-long tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau (English-speaking tour) and auschwitztour.com (without an 's') is about $12 cheaper than all the rest (99 PLN vs. 159 PLN)... other tours being auschwitztours.com and Escape2Poland.com. They all include hotel pick-ups, guided tours of both camps, and a film screening - can't see any real difference.

Any advice on which tour to take? $12 isn't a lot per ticket, but when there is a group every bit helps - but this will be my only time in Krakow so I don't want to go cheap and find I missed out!

Thanks!

Krakow Free Walkative Tour
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Good Cracow Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Krakow Direct Private Tours
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Cracow Free Tours Krakow
City Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Hi

I can't help you with your enquiry as i haven't used the companies that you mention.

But i can tell you about our experience, which may help you.

We booked through www.krakowtours.co.uk

We was picked up by phil (english) and was taken to auschwitz, on the way phil played us a dvd of auschwitz/birkenau, this saved us time, watching it when we got to auschwitz.

We decided that we didn't want a guide, and i have to say that i'm glad that we did it this way, it suited us, we went round at our own pace, stopped to look at things longer than others, but if you don't want to do this you just arrive at auschwitz for 10.00am, and you join a group of people, and wear headphones, and are taken round the camp in a group.

the same happend ta birkenau, we did it ourselves, then on the afternoon we went and visited the salt mines.

Phil is very good, and arranged us a nice pack lunch.

I'm sure if you e-mail him, and he does answer real quick, you could mention to him, what you want and see what he can come up with.

en.auschwitz.org.pl/z/index.php…

London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Thanks for your help... I'll look into them, although I'm not sure the Salt Mines are on our list that day.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Hi

You do not have to do the salt mines that day, it was just something that we decided to do.

Phil just put together the package that we wanted.

happy krakow

4. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 12:05
Bradford, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

is it possible to do both in a day using buses, taxi's, walking etc

rather than booking large tours?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

It would be quite tough to do both in one day by public transport, but do-able if you get an early start. Going with one of the many tour companies operating here will save you a lot of hassle.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Hi 45goingon25

we book a private transfer, it wasn't a large tour, there was only us on the transfer, plus phil our driver.

We was picked up at our hotel, rather than walking to a meeting point, and was dropped off at our hotel, which i was a godsend as it was chucking it down when we came home.

When we looked at doing the bus/walk route, it was going to be a long day, plus i was told that you may not get a seat on the bus, so i contacted phil at www.krakowtours.co.uk and was more than happy to pay, to arrive at the camps in comfort, which gave us more time at the camps, and a not so early start.

hope that helps.

Krakow
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Lenny you're right but you paid just for the transportation the same price that you could have the tour in minibus with the guide. Bu the way I'm curious how one can tell that this company was the best when you use only one so have no comparison.

Best regards

Adrian

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Adrian

i'm not saying it was the best, as you say i've nothing to compare it against.

But when i'm on a forum, and people ask for information, i can only tell them how good the service was that we received from the company that i used.

Like i said before i also stayed at the kazimerz ll hotel, and when people ask for information on hotels, i will recommend this hotel all the time, as it gave us good service.

I didn't think that this was doing anything wrong, as on the tenerife forum, we always recommend a travel shop that sell tickets, as most of the people on the forum have had good service from it, and that's what it is all about.

Krakow
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours - which tour company?

Lenny I didn't say you said it was the best. I just said often people do that.

I always read your reviews and stories from traveling with pleasure.

Kind regards :)

Adrian

Edited: 14 July 2010, 20:45