We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to salt mine

Lancs UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to salt mine

Can anyone recommend a tour company to take us to the salt mine and what is the cost.Is it cheaper going by public transport?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,241 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to salt mine

Hi jax11ard

you could contact www.krakowtours.co.uk and ask them for a price for the salt mines, this is who we went with,

you can do the salt mines by public transport as well though, but i'm not sure which bus.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,241 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to salt mine

Hi

me again, just reading this thread, and it tells you how to get to the salt mines on the bus.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k38…

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to salt mine

Bus 304. One-way ticket is 3 PLN.

Lancs UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to salt mine

Hi thanks for all your help

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to salt mine

It's cheaper making your own way to the salt mines, but once there you have to enter the mines with a tour guide employed by the mine with other groups of people. The bus takes about 20mins.

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to salt mine

Hi,

I went with a tour company i found through the Tourist Information leaflets and it cost 100 PLN, which is roughly £20. The tour guide, Simon, was very knowledgable and spoke excellent English.

Alternatively i think individual entry was 59 PLN and about 2PLN each way on the bus.

In hindsight i think going on an organised trip was the best thing to do. Unless that is, you're adventurous and can suss out exactly where the bus stop is etc

Enjoy your trip!

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to salt mine

Individual entry is 65 PLN (languages other than Polish), bus ticket is 3 PLN (one way).

8. Re: Trip to salt mine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 06:16