We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

krakow in october

dundee
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
krakow in october

Returning to lovely krakow in early october,and wondering how much colder it will be,and will i need wellies and heavy layers Thanks.

YORK
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: krakow in october

Hi I went a few years ago and we had many days where yo could sit out in the market square in the sunshine , but I would be prepared and dress as you would over here .

Baz

dundee
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: krakow in october

Thanks for that imfo baz,just cant wait to get back to that fab city

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: krakow in october

I was over in Krakow during the second week of October last year and there was sleet/snow on a couple of days. Then again, when I was over at the start of October a couple of years ago it was nice and sunny during the day. I'd take a fleece for the evening and maybe a waterproof jacket just in case. You can always check on the weather on here pogoda.onet.pl/1,196,38,,,krakow,miasto.html a couple of days before.

Edited: 02 September 2010, 14:21
dundee
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: krakow in october

Thanks again for imfo ,and i think i will play safe and take my wellies Cheers

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: krakow in october

You should check nearer the time as the weather is all over the place this year. At the moment it's cold and often rainy, the municipal heating is being turned on in places and the first snow has fallen in the Tatras, which is not how it should be! But who knows how it will change...

dundee
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: krakow in october

Thank you all so much for imformation,and will keep in touch with weather reports till then Best Regards.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: krakow in october

Be sure to look at the 10-day forecast before you go.

We were there last year about the same time as kas9. The week previous had been beautiful, but our week was much cooler with some rain/sleet.

Should have had a warning when we left Minnesota in the snow, which is not the norm for early October.

tptr

dundee
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: krakow in october

Thanks for that . Will prob check a 10 day forecast ,and try and book flight within that slot ,but rain,hail ,or shine Krakow will still be stunning,also want to fit in a trip to ZAKOPANE Cheers once again.Bonnie scotland.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: krakow in october

Hi,we are going the last week in October and doing an overnight trip to Zakopane so I'll be very interested to hear about your trip when you return.You can give me some tips before I go !

dundee
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: krakow in october

II sure will .This will be my first visit to Zakopane ,and have been told it is very pretty both in summer and in winter ,so yes i will let you know .Best Regards.