We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally booked

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Finally booked

Spent ages on here trawling sites for an apartment on groundfloor level with seperate bedrooms with double beds- not an easy fete I can assure you! Finally found one I liked,booked it and paid deposit.Happy for at least an hour and then read reports of tourists being put in rooms different to the ones they had booked and on different floors with this company . I emailed the company we booked with and the apartments themselves to confirm that we WILL be on the groundfloor and they are not replying!!! Two of our group have mobility issues and can't climb stairs!!Now instead of looking forward to our trip I'm sitting here fretting.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally booked

What company did you book with? We booked an apartment on the ground floor, and while technically it was, to access it one has to climb up a short flight of stairs, down a full flight, cross a courtyard then climb a few steps, enter the building and climb a half flight.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally booked

oh my gosh,now you really have scared me! We booked the Decameron apartments on Sw. Filipa. Please tell me it wasn't the same one or i'll be chewing my nails for the next few weeks!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally booked

I certainly do not want to scare you, I booked the Decameron Apt. through active hotels in 2007 or 2008, and it was called Autunno, part of Decameron.

The Autunno Apartment was on 4th floor with no lift!

Solution: if no Email reply, phone & mention that the apartment has to be handicap-accessible., Good Luck...

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally booked

Hi Sophie,how did you find the apartments,were they clean? I understand they have a small balcony,can you remember what they looked out onto? Were you given the apartment that you booked originally?The company we booked through has been in touch and confirmed that we will be in the ground floor apartment although I have not had a response from Decameron themselves.What was the area like around the apartments.Sorry to ask so many questions,thanks.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally booked

The area around Decameron isn't fantastic, but it isn't a problem either. Historically sw Filipa was infamous for prostitutes, but that has changed now, it is a street dedicated to weddings, there are dozens of bridal wear shops along the street.

It is about a 10 minute walk to the old town, and you can walk via the stary kleparz market which is interesting, in the other direction is the bigger nowy kleparz which is great.

10 minutes walk to the east is the Galeria Krakowska shopping mall, or head to the plac Matejki, near the barbican which is nice too.

As long as being a short walk from the old town isn't a problem for you, your choice of location will be fine.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally booked

Well, the skibum has already answered most of your q.s...Anyway, I like the Active Hotels - customer service, type of hotels, etc., & so I booked it through them. We wanted a spacious place as we were meeting some friends arriving from the Czech Republic.

The only thing I did not like was the toilet tissue.. and no wash cloths..funny, but no big deal, we bought our own. The apartment was clean, had a tiny balcony, but no great view. After shopping, going up 4 flights of steps was some exercise, especially for one of my friends who has a heart condition...

Well, I did not see any prostitutes but the area at the time could have been cleaner; some graffiti; have some pictures but that was definitely early spring 2008, so no digital shots...

Re: Your question: Were you given the apartment that you booked originally? Yes; active hotels faxed me (or maybe Emailed? not sure) a layout sheet + photos. We carried all confirmations with us; never really had any contact with owners/agents of Decameron, except on arrival...

I hope you do the same thing - print the confirmation that it is on the ground floor...

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally booked

I have found the website of the 1 I stayed in:

http://oldcityapartments.eu/en/?ap=53&id=ap

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally booked

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply to me. I have now had e mais from both the company I booked with and Decameron themselves confirming we have the ground floor apartment so I can sit back and relax !

9. Re: Finally booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Krakow