We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Szlak Area

Dublin
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Szlak Area

I've seen a nice aprtment to rent in this area, however I can't seem to find any info about the area - it is nice? Are there many bars & resturants around and it is a fairly safe & quiet area?

Thanks for your help!

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Szlak Area

Hi Horag

I know Szlak pretty well.

It is safe and quiet, but there are very few bars and restaurants in the immediate area. It is about a 12 minute walk into the old town, there are a couple of routes, 1 is through the Stary Kleparz market, which is worth a visit. There is also the Nowy Kleparz market very close.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Szlak Area

You need to be a little careful with ul. Szlak - the part of it near the intersection with ul. Pedzichow tends to be used by the local prostitutes and pimps, while the area at the far end, near ul. Warszawska is pretty deserted at night as it's mainly offices and university buildings.

It is a short walk to the Old Town though, which is where most of the bars and restaurants are.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Szlak Area

one plus is that it isnt touristy there.....so the polish restaurants there will offer good but inexpensive food....i noticed some i'd like to try out around the stary kleparz area

4. Re: Szlak Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 05:19