We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

N Wales
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

Can anyone advise about this Establishment. As a lover of Good Beer I was hoping to pay a visit, but after reading this quote from a

"Poland in your pocket Guide" ...I am not so sure

"Though Kraków does have it’s own microbrewery in CK Browar, the virtue of the beer is entirely undermined by the horrible atmosphere created by the thuggish clientele; ".

Any other suggestions of places that serve good Beers in and around the old town are most welcome.

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

I am a frequent visitor to Krakow and to CK Browar, i can honestly say i have never encountered any thuggish clienetle in this bar, saying that i only tend to visit mid week so i dont get caught up with any stag parties of a weekend, also some of the quotes in the Krakow in your pocket guide can be a bit outdated, i would suggest try it and if it is full of louts, leave, you may regret it if you dont pay a visit, hope this helps a bit.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

Visited CK last October with two others. It was midafternoon. I wouldn't say the clientele was "thuggish", but there were some fairly "seedy-looking" types in attendance.

Beer was ok, however. I imagine this is a rather "touristy" place most of the time.

tptr

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

Not necessarily, it's one of the places where locals go as well.

Another good place is kampania kuflowa next to the royal hotel between grodzka and gertrudy streets.

Also Omerta at Kupa St. (Kazimierz) or House of Beer on the corner of Tomasza and Krzyza streets in the old town have a huge choice of brands.

If you like beer, you can pay a visit at the breweries, because both Zywiec and Tyskie have their museums..

N Wales
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

Thank you to everyone for the advice and information. I will be compiling a list of suitable "good Beer" establishments to visit during our stay, and will include the ones mentioned by Krakow Executive.

I suppose everywhere will be jammed solid with people New Years eve when we visit...

Thanks again to all.

N Wales
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

Sorry forgot to ask...does this establishment have a "non smoking area" for customers at all.

Thanks.

6. Re: CK Browar Brewpub Krackow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 07:34