We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time also

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
First time also

we are going at the end of December and really looking forward to it, just a couple of questions if anyone can help.

Are there many cash machines in the kazimiaz area?

Where can i buy L&B cigarettes and golden virginina, i have heard that i can buy them outside the airport, how much are they does anyone know, thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time also

Hi

Was thinking of you before, when i was looking at my krakow pictures, and thinking it won't be long for you now.

There is a bank next door but one to the kazimerz ll hotel.

I bought our l and b from the airport coming home, they worked out at £20 a packet.

The only place that i saw them in karakow, was near the centre, where there is a small locals market, inside there was a small tobacconist and they had a sleve of 200 for £100.

the market is somewhere around here, as this is what i posted in my day 2 review, maybe a local will come along and tell you where exactly it is, i can't find my map.

turned right down dunajewskiego, we turned left down a street, and came across a locals indoor market, at rynek kleparski, the fruie and veg stalls here are fantastic, out of here and we made our way to the statue of grunwald, at pl matejkiagain

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time also

Hi Lenny

thanks for that i am going to print off your reports before i go as a guide line in case i get lost, is that right sleeve of 200 for £100, surely not. Can you buy your allowance from the duty free at the airport on the way out with it being in the EU, is Kazimiaz 2 near no 1 thats where we are staying

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time also

Hi Sue

I have stayed in Kazimierz 1 and it's not too far away from Kazimierz 2. You are in a good location there.

You can't buy cigarettes in the duty free on the way out, but if you buy them at duty free on the way back they are about £20 for 200, or at least they were in May when I was last there, and that was superkings.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time also

thanks pat so i cant buy them in Liverpool Airport on the way out but i can buy them in krakow airport, do you know if you can buy them on arrival there as when i went to Turkey they had a duty free by the baggage carasel on the way into the country, if not i can get GV and L&B on the way home?

Really looking forward to it now, just got to plan what to take as it will be very cold i am told

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time also

You can't get them in duty free on arrival, but there are shops upstairs that sell cigs at the airport. In town is cheaper than the airport though.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time also

Hi Sue

I wasn't allowed to buy at Edinburgh on my way out last year, so this year I was prepared and took my own! No problem getting mine on the way back.

Yes, it will be cold so wrap up warm. I have been to Prague in the winter and it was freezing.

Anything you need to know about the hotel or surrounds, just ask - I am going back next year, but staying across the road at the Spatz Hotel again. Unless things have changed at the Kazimierz, I would recommned taking a towel with you - their bath towels are very hard!

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time also

skibum1964 , where about do you get them in town though no one seems to know where to get them from

PatM1

have have just sent and email to the hotel asking for a smoking room and also do they have kettle and hairdryer, they replied back straight away.

Any info you have on this hotel would be great, what is the food like, rooms, staff etc. I will just take a towel for myself them as Hubby likes rough towels

Have just bought a few thermals this week, as soon as the xmas tree is up and i have more room i will start packing for my trip, sooo lookig forward to it

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time also

Hi Sue

Smoking rooms are on the top floor - there is a lift. Bathrooms are good and modern, and toiletries are provided. There is a TV and hairdryer and also a fridge in the room and you get mineral water.

i have seen 4 bedrooms in the hotel and they are all very different - quite quaint in a way! I had 2 single beds in my room - not a big room, but there was only me so it was fine. Beds are odd - the covers don't fit very well, and the pillow is square, but it was ok for me. Bit old fashioned but absolutely fine really.

There is no restaurant as such, but a big room where you have breakfast - which I personally found to be fine and to have a good enough selection. You can pay extra to have something cooked, but I was happy with the continental breakfast,

There is a fridge in reception from which you can buy juice and wine. You need to hand your key into the reception desk when you leave each day. Staff are very nice and helpful, and there is a left luggage facility and safe facility at reception.

There are plenty little shops for snacks/drinks in the same street, which are cheap, and lots of restaurants and bars nearby in Szeroka and Plac Nowy.

I would stay there again - nearly did book it for next year but decided to go for Spatz as I got a better deal.

Hope you have a great trip - I am sure you will love Krakow!

Pat

Edited: 24 November 2010, 16:45
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time also

is there a bath in the rooms or showers, i like a good soak when i get so cold my bones ache, what about the food. I have never been before so do not have a clue about the food in restaurants

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time also

All the cigarette kiosks I've looked in have L&B.

I'm not sure any hotels have smoking rooms now, the ban started 15/11/2010 i think it applies to hotel rooms too.