We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best area to stay?

2 posts
Save Topic
Which is the best area to stay?

Looking at hotels to stay in Krakow is a bit confusing as there are so many areas to choose from. I'd like to stay somewhere central but cultured, close to rail and travel links. What areas are best for this?

Also if you know of any reasonably priced hotels please feel free to recommend..

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

I'm a little surprised to hear that there are so many areas to choose from as Krakow's pretty small and most hotels are concentrated in the centre, so unless you go for one of the further out options you'll be within walking distance of everything. The most popular areas are the Old Town and Kazimierz.

N Wales
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

Hi there,

We have just returned from Krakow, and stayed at Andel's Hotel , which is just across the square from the main railway station . You can get a train straight from the Airport to here , and walk 200 metres to the Hotel.

Loads of reviews on this very very good Hotel on trip advisor.

Have a read up . Its a ten minute walk into the very heart of the old town .

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

I'd recommend staying in Miodosytnia which is a small, cosy aparthotel in Kazimierz..

Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

I'd say that there are 4 main areas for hotels - the old town inside the Planty (including those around the station - Andels etc) . those hotels on the periphery of the Planty (Aleksander, Matejko, Ascot), Kazimierz and those right on the outskirts. For a first trip I'd recommend some in the first group as otherwise you will spend more time travelling to your hotel.

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

Stay by Rynek (Old Town) everything is there and the Kebab shops are open late if you need a snack and almost never deserted if you are not used to quiet unpopulated streets.

Krakow is a safe place, just avoid the skinny, skinhead looking drunk guys who are always looking for a fight

Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

i recommend the kazimierz area also, and recently stayed in a beautiful hotel there called 'Hotel Ester.'

Level Contributor
483 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

Stay in the old town area. Andels or Matejko are solid choices and great rates are usually found on hotelscombined.com I personally would not stay in Kazimierz, ate there in Dec. and there is a lot of road work, etc. going on there and really only walked around there for a couple hours. Yet I guess its everyones personal preference.

Krakow, Poland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

You could tray Cracowdays. I stayed there last year and it is a spotless place. It is located 5 min walk from Main Market Square so you do not have to worry about noise from nights clubs. Any way most of attraction is located very closed to Old Town.

Have a nice stay in Krakow :-)

9. Re: Which is the best area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 08:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor