We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Food and Drink

Belfast, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Price of Food and Drink

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Krakow for 4 days on 27th January 2010. I have tried checking on the internet the price of food, drink and excursions but do not seem to be having any luck..

Can anyone give me a rough idea as we have no idea how much money (£) to bring..

Thanks

:)

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Food and Drink

If you check out www.cracow-life.com they list restaurants and websites of each one you can view all their menus online. Meals are approx £5-12 per head average, for myself I allow £40 a day thats includes my beers they are approx £2.00 pint. I bring my own wine as its more expensive and not to my liking.

Trips are dependant on wether your doing an organised tour or not. Salt mines by tour i went on was approx £18.00 Auschwitz was 120zloty which is approx £26 per person. I am working on the approx rate of 4.5zloty to the £1.

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Food and Drink

And going out for vodka here is the photo I took at the Wodka Bar just off the main square. The numbers around the bottle necks are prices in złoty for a good sized shot.

www.flickr.com/photos/k1w1brad/3909809192/

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
90 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Food and Drink

From the US and I don't know what the 6 means over the bottle - 6 pln?

Also, is that cost of just a shot or same price for mixer (juice,soda) with it?

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Food and Drink

The numbers around the bottle necks are prices in złoty.

Złoty = Polish currency

Not sure on the mixers as we just had vodka and beer. But can't remember the price of the beers unfortunately.

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Food and Drink

actually just an after thought.

We did get a very strong vodka and they added a bit of raspberry cordial to it. Maybe just about half a shot of the cordial and that was free.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
90 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of Food and Drink

Thanks for the response! One more question - I drink Vodka with Cranberry Juice and my boyfriend drinks it with orange juice - is this something you can find at the bars?

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of Food and Drink

A friend had Orange Juice.

I am not sure about Cranberry though.

But one of the locals here might be able to shed some light on that.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
90 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of Food and Drink

Thanks for the info....looking forward to our first trip to Poland!!!

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of Food and Drink

Awesome place and for really cheap check out some of the small grocery shops and grab a few drinks as they are very very cheap.

We ended up buying vodka and beer to drink prior to going out. Not to get pissed but just a bit of socializing at hotel before heading out.

You know - to kick start the evening : P

Enjoy Poland. We did.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
817 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price of Food and Drink

Bartenders here are quite accommodating and will generally fix the drink you want. But I'm not very sure about cranberry juice.

THe shot described by k1w1brad - vodka & raspberry - it's very popular here since the drink come out looking like a Polish flag.

Why not try local drinks like - szarlotka (it means apple pie) - vodka (flavored with "bison" grass) + apple juice.