We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

uk
Level Contributor
387 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

centralwings has cheap flights if booked by 22 jan travelling up to15 feb from gatwick and couple other places

Day Trip to Auschwitz Birkenau and...
199 reviews
from US$85.12*
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum Half-Day...
1,389 reviews
from US$47.24*
Special Offer
Krakow Super Saver...
816 reviews
from US$85.12*
US$91.20
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
241 reviews
from US$37.45*
London
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

The problem is, the returns are still at the normal price.

It's possible to get a return on Centralwings for less than £100 inc tax which is good but Wizzair, Sky Europe, Easyjet and Ryanair all usually offer the deals both ways if they're convenient for you.

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

Remember that one of the beauties of budget airlines is you can book one way travel quite happily without getting slammed as you would do with a scheduled airline. Recently I flew out on Sky Europe and back on Ryanair into Stansted which was convenient as I left my car there. If you're flexible about flying in and out of different airports it's something to consider that there are 5 budget airlines flying in and out of Krakow.

YORK
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

Hi

I can think of 4 budget airlines , what are the 5

Barry

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

Easyjet = Luton

Wizz Air = Luton

Ryanair = Stansted

Sky Europe = Stansted

Centralwings = Gatwick

IMH experience Centralwings had the least budget feel to its service - it is the budget arm of LOT the Polish national airline. It also has a decent departure time in the early afternoon - the thought of having to be up for the Sky Europe flight at 6.10 is horrible.

Also if you are near Heathrow and have a little more time to travel don't forget to consider indirect flights from there - use Opodo.co.uk or ebookers.com for details - Lufthansa flies via Munich and the connections aren't too bad so with travel time and costs to Stansted it couldbe worth it

YORK
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

Hi

I did nt think Wizz air flew to Krakow yet ,

Barry

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

They fly to Katowice and provide a coach link (not free) to Krakow. You're right it's not direct but its as good as.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

Hi

We're flying Centralwings in March for £51 return inclusive each. The flights are also at brilliant times, 10.15am to Krakow and 15.40 back.

Centralwings is one of those companies unlike Ryanair where early booking is very important. The do offer cheap flights but as someone else said the returns are full price.

We've travelled out with one company in the past and back with someone else, and also flown to one airport and returned from another. This is the joy of no frills companies, the National airlines charge the earth to travel and penalise you if you want to do more than a straight return.

I'm not sure of this but I felt that Centralwings had less leg room than other budget flights, not that it matters to me I'm only 5ft 2in, but it was the impression I got. The food they sell on board is much cheaper than other budget airlines.

Jackie

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

ps

Just noticed the return flight leaves at 14.05, not 15.40. That could have been expensive:)

Jackie

w62
London
Level Contributor
837 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

I was going to book with Easyjet but they only fly from Stansted. Booked BA from Gatwick in the end. £93 return including taxes - I think that's quite good.

London
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap flights up to 15 feb-krakow/gatwick rtc

Interesting to note the comments about Central Wings being a bit better than your average no frills airline. I haven't flown them yet as each time I've flown from Gatwick I've managed to get a decent price with BA.

I found the same (better than the usual no frills) to be the case for Sky Europe. It's a pain that they only fly from Stansted and the returns are ludicrously early but the service, flight itself and the fact they assign seats at check-in were impressive. I'm flying them again this Friday on a ticket I got for a whopping £13.50 inc tax (1 way).