We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

Hello,

Me and two friends are heading off to krakow in May for a weekend of drinking, dancing and fun. We are a group of indian Brits.

Is it safe for us to go out there? i have heard many terrible stories about racist attacks, and this is concerning as we will be out clubbing throughout the night which i assume exposes us to more dangers.

Will we be declined from getting into bars and clubs? any tips on how to stay protected against these dangers? (thats if they do exist)

england
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

Im not sure they do exist, but like all countries there will be a minority of idiots, i have been going to Krakow for years and to be honest i have not witnessed any incidents, racist or others so i am sure you will all be fine, just take the usual precautions, ie try not to walk on your own late at night, behave and be respectful and polite and i am sure you will have a great time. Krakow is a wonderful city with lots to see and do.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

Where have you been hearing of many stories of terrible racist attacks in Krakow? Please would you provide some links?

I live here and haven't heard of anything worse than you'd get in the UK. We have 9 million tourists a year, mostly from overseas, not to mention large numbers of foreign students many. The people who get into trouble are those who are drinking/urinating/fighting in public and I'm not sure that's got much to do with skin colour.

Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

I went to Kracow with my Indian husband, and we never attracted even a glance as a mixed race couple. Had a great time in the bars around the square at night.

I have had more adverse looks and comments in Leeds than in Kracow!

The only place we were ever treated badly by the way was Rhodes, when a shopkeeper would not let my husband into an umbrella shop, telling him he had to stand on the doorstep and 'just look'. I hated that holiday.

Have fun in Kracow. We are going back again soon, the Polish people were great but watch out for their free tastings of very strong vodka!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
817 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

There's a sizeable Indian presence in Poland. Many are here for business. Asians blend in here very comfortably. So, relax :-)

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

I have visited Krakow many times now with friends of all different races and have yet to experience any racism at all. I am dissapointed to hear you have heard otherwise as Krakow is an amazingly friendly place.

Have a great time.

Winchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

I think you should choose another destination!!

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

Hannah186300 - why?

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
879 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

Ok so we had a TV program here in the UK that showed some innocent asians being given a nasty kicking in Poland, it is worth remembering though that this was at a football ground hosting two notoriously violent groups of supporters - this was also at a football game somewhere else in Poland. Every country in the world has it's nasty, pathetic little bigots but you are unlikely to bump in to them in a holiday destination. Anybody of any colour should not worry and have lots of fun in Krakow, my first trip to Krakow begins on the 23rd June - can't wait :-)

and before anyone says "you haven't been to Krakow, what do you know" , I have been to Paris, Barcelona, Prague, Amsterdam and Budapest and always found europeans in these cities to be very polite and hospitable.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

Yeah, we all know this Panorama document, things that were shown there it's just a small part of the whole truth about Poland and its football fans - those racist idiots really don't represent the whole nation. We have numerous threads here on TA about safety in Poland - please, read them. I personally feel safe here, so do my Korean friends who live in Wroclaw, work here and raise their children, the same with my friend from Lebanon who chose this place as his home so nobody will convince me Poland is not safe for foreigners.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe for indians to go partying in Krakow

Jools1979, regarding the Asians on Panorama who were "given a nasty kicking", it was not in Poland. It was a footage from Kharkiv, Ukraine.