We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

Hi, We are coming to Krakow in June and staying at Hotel Grodek, we would like some suggestions about whats good places to eat for dinner ??? Also the horse and carriage ride where does it take you and how much is it ?? Is there any internet cafes near where we are staying ??

Thank you Kim from Australia

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
817 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

Miod i Malina gets lotsa thumbs up in this forum.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

We enjoyed a restaurant called The Rocking Horse. Didn't do the horse and carriage ride but did a golf buggy tour, that was quite fun. And the bike tour was brilliant too :)

Torrevieja, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

"CHIMERA" SW ANNY just off the main square. This is an ideal place for a healthy snack. Plates for 4 zloty upwards. There is also a restaurant which we didn't get time to try. Just round the corner is a basic cafe which has typical Polish food red sign with a chefs hat (can't remember the name) try the apple pancakes...........delicious! In the Jewish quarter there is a lovely restaurant (Jewish Restaurant - Cafe) more expensive but the ambience is wonderful. Please let me know if you try them and your opinion. thanks.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

You can eat deliciously in the vicinity of the market at Grandma Raspberries - old Polish cuisine, worth a try. Cabs on the market have their stops, so just choose which Drown you most like and then enjoy a ride. You can go by them to the Wawel and Kazimierz, and the price depends on the length of the route. And when it comes to you free Internet access in your hotel, and the marketplace are the internet cafes.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

I second Miod Mailina, great food, nice interiors and reasonable pricing.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

Miod Malina

Pod Baranem

Pod Wawalem

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

We ate at a newly opened restaurant on Ulica Szpitalna just south of Ulica Pijarska, there is a colorful sign saying" Polska Kuchnia by Jan Kosciuszko". Traditional Polish food presented beautifully. We had a delicious meal of Pieroghis stuffed with a variety of fillings, including strawberries, sauerkraut, potatoes, spinach, sweet cheese and pork. Very homey atmosphere. There are other restaurants in Krakow opened by Jan Kosciuszko, as well.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

I second Pod Baranem. The Cabbage-wrapped Short Ribs are excellent. Also, Pod Aniolami is one of my favorites and Aperitif is very good, although service can be a bit slow, as everything is cooked to order.

Carriage rides will take you almost anywhere in the local vicinity of the Main Square. We took one down to Kazimiercz. I can't remember the exact price. I'm guessing about $25 for 5 persons. Just ask before getting into a carriage.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

I forgot about "Pod Wawelem". This is a great place, cleverly given delicious food, live music, friendly service. For this you can sit in the garden at the Planty and see Wawel. I recommend - especially the "fiery sword" :)

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice places to eat in Krakow etc

You can try it Babcia Malina on szpitalna st . They have a good prices, fresh, polish menu. typical Polish food

Edited: 01 July 2011, 08:08