We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lost luggage,anyone had similar experience?where do i stand

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
lost luggage,anyone had similar experience?where do i stand

just contacted the airline that lost my luggage for 3 days,and left us in krakow with no clothes coats etc with -19 temps,they told us sorry but nothing we can do,so it cost me 700pound to go sit in an appartment for 3 out of 5 days and they tell me i dont have a valid claim,my insurance will only pay if i bought clothing which i didnt as i didnt take any cards,only cash,have any you folks had similar experience and do any of you know what rights we have?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lost luggage,anyone had similar experience?where do i stand

Although I do not know what your rights are, something similar happened to me as well on a trip to Mexico. Although I packed essentials in hand luggage (including a bathing suit), I was without my luggage for 3 days. My baggage did not make the connection at JFK. When I arrived in Mexico without luggage, I went to the airline help desk and they said I could purchase reasonable amount of items, bring them the receipts and they would reimburse my costs. I spent about $200.00 and the airline reimbursed these costs as well as the cost of cab fare to and from the airport. Check your credit card, some have a delayed baggage clause. Also, I travel extensively for work, although I dress casual for a flight, my meetings entail that I wear business attire. During the course of my career, I have obtained 3 business suits courstey of the airline due to delayed baggage.

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lost luggage,anyone had similar experience?where do i stand

thanks catherineb for your response,i had no extra money with me and the airline didnt tell me i could purchase anything and be reembursed,it was freezing so we stayed in for three days just poping out to the shops,so i lost 3 days of my break.

im amazed the airline wont be held responsible,i booked my flights with my credid card so ill ring and see if im covered for anything with them.