We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auschwitz

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Auschwitz

what is the easiest and cheapest way to get to Auschwitz from Krakow?

Barcelona
Level Contributor
479 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auschwitz

I think it's taking a minibus to Oświęcim, it stops by the museum.

Buses leave every 30 minutes or so from the Bus station, platform D8, it's the one underground.

The ticket costs 10zl each way.

Edited: 10 May 2011, 08:06
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auschwitz

Best to get a bus from the main bus station. There are plenty of them and is very inexpensive to do.

I wouldnt go on a guided tour as its so easy to do, and you are also left to stay for as long as you want rather than being told what time to be back

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Auschwitz

The fastest way to get to Auschwitz is by minibus:) Do not go by train. Where are you staying in Krakow?

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Auschwitz

The easiest and cheapest are not the same, what is your priority easy, or cheap?

5. Re: Auschwitz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 21:05
6. Re: Auschwitz

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 21:05
Edited: 17 May 2011, 21:05
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Auschwitz

To get to the bus station you need to go through the underground train station, come out the other side up the ramp. All the buses are frequent and stop inside Auschwitz.Bus fare costs around £4 this journey takes approx 1 hour 30 so time your day so you can fit it all in.. Ask at the bus station what stand you need.. During the summer mths you have to go around the camp with a guide this is because so many visitors go there so time the english tour for when you arrive.

Auschwitz Birkenau is about 2 miles from the main camp and if you go outside the cafe they have a free bus that takes you over, time the bus i think every 30mins.. if your in a hurry taxis are outside and costs around £3 ask first. Id recommend buying an Auschwitz handbook from the small book shops before you enter the camp costs about a pound. Check out the website for any other info ..http:en.auschwitz.org.pl/m/

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Auschwitz

We visited Auschwitz today. We caught the 6.45am train out to Oświęcim and walked from the station to the museum. We arrived before 10 am so we were able to enter the site for free and without a guide. (after 10 u must go on a tour, we saw these tours and felt they seemed very quick, no time to ponder the atrocities!) We caught the free shuttle bus to Birkenau and then back to Auschwitz 1. We caught the bus back to krakow.

Personally I preferred the train. It was roomy and a lot cooler than the bus which ended up taking nearly 2 hrs. The trains are not as frequent and you have to get to the station, but for me, I would go for the train over the bus if I had my time over. The bus cost 11zl and the train cost 9.5zl.

9. Re: Auschwitz

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 20:05
10. Re: Auschwitz

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 20:05