We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions?

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestions?

I am planning my Russia and Poland trip. I plan to stay 5 days in St Peterburg, 3 days in Moscow and 5 days in Krakow ( will be going to the Salt Mine, the Jasna Monastery and Aushwitz) I have 3 more days left which I originally thought of going to Warsaw but changed my mind.

Any suggestions where else to go for the 3 days? stay in Poland, add extra days in Russia, or overnight train to Budapest or Vienna or???

Thanks

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions?

well i dont know why you changed your mind about warsaw...it has alot of fantastic palaces,parks and a great historical area....but...you might then try zakopane 2 hours south of krakow in the mountains

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions?

I would add 2 days in Budapest or Vienna, or maybe Praha If you haven`t beeen there before. Wasaw is less intresting than many cities in Poland and capitals of Hungary or Czech Republic knock down Warsaw:)

Toruń
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions?

In Krakow you must take part in a wonderful music concerts in St. Wojciech Church and Bonerowski Palace! You can read about them on Pro Arts Artistic Agency. You must also visit the Kazimierz district- the old jewish district in Krakow!

California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestions?

Are there any outdoor markets ? If so, are they usually on Saturday and Sunday?

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any suggestions?

You can quite easily fill your spare 3 days in Krakow. There's so much to see and do.

http://www.cracow-life.com/

There is a small market on Plac Nowy (in the Kazimierz) every day, but the best day to go would be a Sunday morning - it takes up the whole square.

www.cracow-life.com/poland/krakow-kazimierz

Then you could take a walk over the river to the Podgorze area. There's two very interesting museums there. Apteka Pod Orlem on Heroes of the Ghetto Square and obviously the Schindler Factory.

http://www.cracow-life.com/poland/podgorze

O man I could go on all night. 3 days isn't enough!

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any suggestions?

I would stay much longer in Krakow, from there you can go to Ojców. Warsaw is also not bad idea but I'd prefer Zakopane. It’s 100km from Krakow and there is a lot to do and see in 3 days.

7. Re: Any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 July 2011, 19:05
Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any suggestions?

Definitely: go to Budapest!

Cracow
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any suggestions?

It's good that you changed your mind about Warsaw. In my opinion nothing interesting is there. I would add Zakopane to your trip as well. When you will be visiting Krakow, you definitely should go for one of free walking tours. This is a good way to see the city. Guides are young locals with huge knowledge. Here you have some more informations : http://freewalkingtour.com/

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any suggestions?

Another endorsement for freewalking tours and the guide Meciek. I can recommend the Nowa Huta tour on Sunday afternoon. Fascinationg insight into the communist years.

There is a Sunday flea market here

>"The Sunday flea market at northern end of Kazimierz (just off Grzegórzecka street) is well worth visiting. I spent more than 3 hours walking around, looking at valuable antiques as well as used second-hand clothes - the variety of things on display is simply amazing <<" from another site.

There was also a daily market at Rynek kleparski street. to the north of the city Go out of the gate at the top of Florianska street and past the Barbican. Cross the road to Place Mateji , keep on th left side and go to the end of the square towards the white church. Cross the road to the Left at the white church along Filipa street and you cannot miss the market.

The mountains at Zakopane sound good. I would go there if I was staying longer than 5 days in Krakow. I met people who had been there and were going again for a couple of days.

Prague is a lovely city with plenty to see and do. Also Riga has a medieval centre, I had a lovely to both these cities and Easyjet fly there.

Denise

Love from England