We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

HI,

Looking at staying in Krakow, but wanting to accommodation which is local to the heart of the city.

Please can you advise which area within the city is best for staying to be local to the night life ??

(Nightlife as in Bars, clubs etc)

Thanks

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

Hi,

Just on the back of the above..

Is Kazimierz the place to be for Nightlife ? If so, Please can you advise approx how many bars etc are in this area ?

Or would you recommend the centre ?

Thanks

Rick

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

Hi,

It's very difficult to put a figure to the amount of bars in Kazimierz, there are sooo many.

I would definitely recommend staying in that area for the ambience and relaxed atmosphere and you are only a 15 minute max. walk to the Rynek.

I have always stayed in the Kazimierz area and wouldn't even consider up near the main square.

Have a look at

http://www.cracow-life.com/

to see what kind of pubs and clubs you are looking for.

Any more specific questions about hotels, bars, restaurants - just give me a shout.

I'm planning my eighth trip in two years for October.

Jane

Cork
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

Hi Rick

I am a "senior" and my husband and I have stayed in that area. We absolutely loved it ..full of little bars and restaurants. It is full of character and atmosphere. There

are many students around. The first night we asked one of them to give us

a list of restaurants the locals frequent and we followed their advice. Unfortunately this was before I started to keep a diary so cannot point you in any direction. A brisk ten minute walk would get you to the main square in Krakow. The museum in the area is well worth a visit to see some of the

interiors of the traditional houses, costumes and folk art etc.

Hope this may be of some assistance

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

I'd advise you to stay in the Old Town - there are far more bars and restaurants there than in Kazimierz, and you'll be in the historical centre of things. Kazimierz is also cool but for a visitor, I'd say stay in the Old Town - it's a unique experience. But the two main places to stay are the Old Town and Kazimierz.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
84 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

We stayed in Pod Wawelem which has the best location as far as we were concerned. 10 minute walk to main square where most of the bars & restaurants are & 15 minute walk to Kazimierz.

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

Hi,

Thanks for all your advice regarding location.

To give you an idea of our group, we will all be male, age range around 30 years old.

Which area would be idle for us for accommodation?.

We will be going in Feb 2012 and I will expect the weather to be bitter cold and possibly still snow and therefore would like our accommodation as central as possible to a good night life.

Thanks

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

Just one further thing to add, there will be approx 10 people in total.

I have been looking at apartments, as these seem the best value for money, however, can you recommend any nice hotels with twin rooms ?

Thanks

Rick

Edited: 14 August 2011, 20:36
Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

hi, we went last year october and stayed in apartments www.discovercracow.com (kings apartment) just off the square , close to bars restaurants etc , they were good and arranged transfer, met us with key etc , good value , buddha bar is good, cocktails and bar man real good value, bar pod where the glass shakes when the music plays , and a blue bar i cant recall the name, bar faust not for the faint hearted but does great pizza during the day, very dark though only candles , was a fab trip and will definatley go again and not hesitate to use the aforementioned travel ( my husband discovered this company when used for his brothers stag do). Hope you enjoy its a beautiful city . Mandy

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
817 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

It's not a huge walking distance between the Old Town and Kazimierze especially if your group is energetic. Both locations have their merits - I would say go with the best deal you can find.

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where's best for Krakow nightlife & where to stay

Thanks all,

Rick