We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow - 4.5 days??

Dublin
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow - 4.5 days??

Arriving in Krakow early on Wed 31Aug and leaving late on Sunday this gives us just over 4 days to see things. Anyone any recommendations on good tourist spots, restaurants, cafes, bars, scenic areas to see in this space of time. We were going to try a day trip to Warsaw but I dont know if its worth the extra day there seems to be another place also called Zakopane?? Also if anyone has any tips/advice on prices, public transport etc would be appreciated.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow - 4.5 days??

check the weather report....if its bad go to warsaw...if its good go to zak....nothing more frustrating than going to the mountains and then not seeing them....where as if the weather isnt so good you can always duck into the many churches and palaces of warsaw

Cracow
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow - 4.5 days??

IIn Krakow must see places are : Wawel Castle, Old town, Main Square, St Mary's Church and I would say Jewish District "Kazimierz". I am not good at guiding people but you can join Free walking tours company. They provide tours to those places.

They works from tips only, and they provide amazing service ! I was on one of their tours out of curiosity and it was funny, entertaining and knowledgeable ( even for me when I was born and raised here ). So if you would like to see the real Krakow I definitely recommend those guides ! The meeting Point is in front of St. Mary's Church ( big church with 2 towers on the main market square ) Old town walk is 11 am , and Jewish tour is 3pm. Here you have their webiste :http://freewalkingtour.com/

You can as well se a very high rating of this company here on Trip .

Cheers !

Alex

3. Re: Krakow - 4.5 days??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 23:15