We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salt mine with a baby??

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
207 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Salt mine with a baby??

I would like to visit the salt mine but as far as I know is pratically impossible with a 2 year child, did someone go to the mines with his baby?

Thank you!

Best Seller
Day Trip to Auschwitz Birkenau and...
262 reviews
from US$87.00*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau...
94 reviews
from US$72.70*
Best Seller
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
249 reviews
from US$47.90*
Special Offer
Krakow Super Saver...
798 reviews
from US$87.00*
US$94.50
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,066 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salt mine with a baby??

You could possibly achieve it with one of those child backpacks to carry the little one in, if you were up to it. Otherwise the little one is going to find the steps down into the mine hard going to impossible.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salt mine with a baby??

at the end they cram you in like sardines into a rattling cage like elevator for the breathless trip to the surface

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salt mine with a baby??

Well, if I had a 2-year old along, this isn't a place I'd bring him/her.

California
Level Contributor
90 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salt mine with a baby??

Read some more posts. We aborted visiting after reading so many people were delayed an hour back to the surface or the mandatory boring long tour guide.

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salt mine with a baby??

Two year old child underground, in the mines, with little light, strange noises and shadows, long walks and crowded elevator? Huh.

6. Re: Salt mine with a baby??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:16