We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
62 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
money

Hi, we,re visiting Krakow in October for the first time. I'd like to know if it's better to bring in Polish Zloty from home or exchange pounds or euros when there? Also, can you bring currency back into Britain at the end of the holiday? We're staying at the Monopol Hotel and wonder if there's an exchange near there that's recommended if we have to use it? Thanks, Val.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money

You usually get better rates exchanging cash here, or you can withdraw money from most ATMs using your debit/credit cards. There are numerous exchange places around (look out for the word "Kantor") but I usually recommend Grosz on ul. Slawkowska 4 as they give good rates and have never ripped me off. And of course you can take zloty back to the UK - why wouldn't you be able to?

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money

We're travelling to Krakow in four weeks time - on a Sunday. The significance of it being a Sunday has only just struck me....

Am I right in thinking that if I pick up a taxi outside the airport arrivals, it'll be 30% higher than the normal fare? But if I book one in advance it'll just be the quoted fare (which seems to be about 70 PLN)?

I was planning in changing only about £50 before I came ... but would there be anywhere to change money on a Sunday afternoon?

3. Re: money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 12:17