We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

UK
Level Contributor
225 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

Off to Krakow on Thursday for the first time, having read the reviews and the forum I think I have have narrowed my choice of restaurants to 5! As we only have 2 nights this is a slight problem. I know everyone has different views but any advice would be gratefully received! We love good food (all cuisines) and wine and are not too fussed by price (they are all much more reasonable than home anyway!) We could actually do 1 more for lunch on Saturday before we fly home I suppose!

My 5 are:-

Pimiento

Pod Baranem

Marmolada

La Fontaine

Illuminati.

Thank you!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

Out of your list, I've only eaten at Pod Baranem and loved it! I had the Short Ribs in Cabbage and it was outstanding.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

Not familiar with your options, but did you discount Starka?

http://www.starka.com.pl/eng/index.php

Or, if you're really pushing the boat out ( but still very reasonable by UK standards) -

www.cyranodebergerac.pl/cyrano_home_an.htm

I realise I probably haven't helped you in your choices.

Edited: 29 November 2011, 15:47
rotherham
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

Try pod wawelem had a great meal and the place was packed and the portions are huge and very cheap

rotherham
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

Have been to both pod baranem and pod wawelem and both are across the road from each other.

Just returned Sunday night .

USA/Polska
Level Contributor
457 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

I have been at Pod Baranem and truly enjoyed the meal. Actually, I am looking forward to eating there soon when I return. I am also thinking of LaFontaine, it has piqued my interest.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

I was at Pod Wawelem a few weeks ago and thought it was awful (and I'm not a fussy eater) - huge portions but cheap and low quality food that is churned out for people who will only ever eat there once.

Of all of the places the OP listed, the best are Pimiento and Illuminati. I'd also recommend the new Gessler restaurant in the Hotel Francuski, good food and good service, although the lighting is a bit bright for a romantic evening.

dunfermline
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

I am going on Thursday as well, from Edinburgh

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

Love Pimento, was there for the second time a couple of weeks ago.

And as suggested above, Starka is great too.

Pod Baranem seems to get some negative comments about the service, you wont have that problem with Pimento and Starka.

I'm sure you'll get to try the others on your next visit. People rarely go to Krakow just the once!

Enjoy, wish I was going back this week!

Jane

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

One place we really miss on our regular visits is Gulliver. Don't know if anyone else has been there. Very good French bistro type informal food, and very reasonable. Unfortunately, although I think it is still there, it has changed to a very informal cafe type menu. Very disappointing.

10. Re: Narrowed down to 5 Restaurants But Only Have 2 Nights-Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:17