We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowing

wales
Level Contributor
341 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Snowing

Just been on the webcam and its white in the square.

We are off 9 weeks today to Zakopane .its snowing heavy in zakopane at the moment. Hope its like that when we are there.

St Helens
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowing

We are in Krakow now, and it was snowing quite heavily earlier. It had a light dusting than we went to the Salt mine and three hours later it was very thick.

There is still a bit of snow covering the ground but it has stopped snowing now.

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowing

I love snow and we've only had one lot here this year :-( . You say you're going in 9 weeks (march I think) what are the chances of snow then, what are the 'normal' snowy months?

wales
Level Contributor
341 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowing

We were there in march 2 years ago and it snowed then.

I work with a girl from krakow and she says snow is normal from november to march,even april sometimes.,They seem to be having it later this year though.

wales
Level Contributor
341 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowing

We were also there in december for xmas market,and it was quite mild.

We are going sking in march,so hope all is snowy.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snowing

I too hope it will be snowing when we go there in Feb...........hubby's not so keen though lol. We don't get much snow where we live .....

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
907 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snowing

About how many centimeters would you say is on the ground?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snowing

whoop whoop i really hope its snowing next friday when we visit!!!!!

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snowing

about 4 or 5 centimeters on the ground at the moment

the snow is freezing now

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snowing

We leave on Wednesday and have never visited Krakow before so this may sound like a silly question, but would snow boots be recommended?

Thanks (:

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snowing

Snow boots (those big usually white ones) may not be essential - any winter boots (eg leather) or shoes that you feel warm, dry and comfortable in will work (if this is how you feel in snow boots then take them). And warm socks, woolen hats, gloves and scarves are also strongly recommended :)

Snow should be removed from pavements and streets in Polish cities as soon as possible but of course sometimes you will need to cross some snow pile when the fall was heavy ;) What is more annoying is the salt on pavements (used to melt snow and ice) that can destroy leather shoes and knee-deep sticky mud made of snow and sand - you can encounter this after some bigger snowfalls then it gets warmer and everything melts down. So don't take your best shoes either.