We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helping planning my trip

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
212 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
helping planning my trip

I have three days....

Friday morning 2/3 - ready to leave Warsaw

Monday morning 2/6 7am - must fly out of Warsaw to be home.

I want to visit Lublin area (Zamosc) to see town where I'm from, then to Krakow for a visit and also Auschwitz.

Can i do all this and what is the best way to get this all done? How do I get around etc. I'm assuming late sunday night I travel back to Warsaw and spend night by hotel.

Thanks

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
680 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helping planning my trip

Last time I was in Poland, my dad came with me and since he was interested in going to Auschwitz and then we saw also a little bit of other places since it was his first time there.

We had 3 1/2 days and we stayed in Krakow. We did everything by food, we like walking. No museums, my dad gets bored with this stuff... We did like this: 1st day (half day, we arrived at noon) we walked around the center of Krakow until the castle. Let's say the northern part of the center, our hotel was not far from the central station. We walked around and had dinner downtown. Day 2: we went to the castle and we walked down until Schindler's factory exploring the part of the town that leads there, we walked through Kazimierz and along the river. Days 3 and 4 we went to Auschwitz and Warsaw.

I wrote it down quickly just to give you an idea. I think that if you have 1 1/2 days in Krakow, you can see the place quite well just walking around, doing something like my itinerary. Of course museums and interiors take more time. But Krakow is not big and it's a real jem, I think you'll enjoy it. ;)

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helping planning my trip

This is a lot of travelling in a short trip!

How are you travelling around poland? car? train?

trains between warsaw and krakow are fairly frequent at the moment, but from lublin to krakow is not so straight forward

www.intercity.pl is your friend!

I would guess... travel warsaw to lublin friday morning, see lublin. 2.5 hours in the train. see lublin friday till saturday lunchtime then onto krakow.

you are looking at 6 hours from lublin to krakow on the train.... either back to warsaw and then the express to krakow, via kielce.

So satruday evening in krakow, off to auschwitz first thing sunday, back in krakow mid afternoon for a couple of hours then the train back to warsaw.

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
212 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: helping planning my trip

Here is what I'm thinking.

Friday morning - Leave for Krakow...

Friday & Saturday - Krakow & Auschwitz.

Sunday - rent car drive to Lublin area and then back to Warsaw....

Is it easy to rent a car?

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: helping planning my trip

you are driving from krakow to lublin to warsaw in one day?...i suppose if you get up at the crack of dawn and dont mind driving at night returning to warsaw.....what happens if the weather is bad?....it will slow you down..and test your nerves..the highways are spotty around lublin

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: helping planning my trip

Its 5 hour drive krakow to lublin, its a 3 hour drive lublin to warsaw

Its snowing and it will be dark from about 4pm

Rental cars are available, I use hertz, but their city office is not open on Saturday or Sunday. There are car rentals at krakow airport. You will pay a premium for a "one way" hire.

6. Re: helping planning my trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 10:23