We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zakopane with 70-yr olds that can't hike

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
336 reviews
Save Topic
Zakopane with 70-yr olds that can't hike

I want to do a day trip from Krakow with my parents and we love mountains, so I am considering Zakopane. They have arthritis and can't hike at all, so the day would be strictly for views. I don't care that everyone says you have to stay the night, we will not, and we are fine seeing things quickly rather than not seeing them at all. What is there to do here with NO hiking. If we took the tram up to the top of the mountain, what would we do afterwards? Would you suggest another town to visit instead? I definitely want something scenic that doesn't involve hiking but want to make sure Zakopane would still be worth the bus ride without any hiking involved. Any advice would be appreciated!

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zakopane with 70-yr olds that can't hike

take the fernicular up gubalowka ....then head to the nearest cafe, outdoors or indoors.....sit.... and have a beer while enjoying the view of the mountains and valley....too bad you arnt staying the night

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zakopane with 70-yr olds that can't hike

By the time you have travelled by bus and return, taken the funicular as suggested by casey and had a nice lunch, coffee/ cake and watched the world go by then the day will have flown by. I'd say go for Zakopane for the views as with the funicular you'll get to see something "up" that you might not get elsewhere.

Maybe someone can advise how to buy a priority ticket for the funicular as I remember the queues were quite long. It used to be that for a small premium you could by-pass the worst of the queue.

3. Re: Zakopane with 70-yr olds that can't hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 10:19