We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

Hello,

I have been looking around online and here on the forum but not found any documents/threads which suggest a route to a club via the bars.

I have been looking on this thread - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k50… for ideas, but I would like to create a list of bars (ideally plotted on a map too) which we can go to on a night out which then take us to a club.

Just wanting to be prepared and have info at hand when we are trying to decide where to go next.

Does anyone have access to a such document or link ?

Im currently trying to work out a plan from this website - inyourpocket.com/poland/…bars

Does anyone have any better links ?

Thank you

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

all the bars and clubs in the old town are all within just a few minutes walk of each other

you could stick to ul stolarska, visit the half dozen bars there and then end up in baccarat or prozak

most of the clubs are on szewska, however I would not recommend it for bars. Find a pub "route" to the main square, szewska is off the main square

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

Thanks -- are they any good bars just off the square which will feel less tourist like ?

Are there any maps around which detail a bar route to go on ??

Also, does anything exist for Kazimierz ?

Thank you

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

There's no map that I know of - there are simply too many bars to choose from and new ones pop up (or old ones disappear) all the time. Also, locals don't really drink in the Old Town any more - too many tourists. The In Your Pocket guide is pretty comprehensive and there's a lot of choice so why not just see where takes your fancy when you get here?

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

Thanks for your reply.

If the bars are all pretty much contained, it so make it pretty simple for finding them then!

Edited: 14 February 2012, 12:11
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

Ane there are lots of bars in Kazimierz, especially around Plac Nowy. All Kazimierz (jewish quarter) is pretty compact so within a few minutes of walking you will get an idea where you would like to go.

Kazimierz i more relaxed atmosphere.

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

^^ Thanks

Rick

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

check out this as well http://where2b.org/City/Krakow Maybe will help you.

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

Thanks for all the replies..

Looking forward to it now, just need to get a bit of a plan together!

9. Re: Best bars in old town moving onto a nightclub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 10:18