We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

Will be in Krakow for 5 days in late May. I would like to be as independent as possible in doing tours. However, i would like to take an organized tour for either Auschwitz- Birkenau Museum or Zakopane and the Tatra Mtns? Which would be the most difficult one so I can take a group tour.

Also, which of the following tour company would be the best:

1. Cracow City Tours

2. SeeKrakow

3. Discover Cracow

4. Intercrac Limtied

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

Actually, neither of the 2 is difficult on your own. Quite the opposite, it's pretty straightforward. Both Zakopane and Oświęcim receive a large number of tourists, both domestic and international, and therefore there are many ways to get there by yourself, saving a lot of money on the tours.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

I have used both SeeKrakow and Cracow City Tours.

No problems with either. They are simlar, prices are probably similar too

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

Hi,

it's not complicated to go to Auschwitz by yourself. Bus is going there 2h and at the museum youcan just join the tour. It takes 3,5 - 4h for Auschwitz and Birkenau. Zakopane by yourself can be more complicated. Way there takes 2,5 h and if you don't have plan what to do one day won't be enough. Maybe it would be better to go to Zakopne with tour company and before that just what you can do on the tour and what you can see. As far as I know Cracow City Tours has some discounts for Zakopane, check their website or just go to their office.

California
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

Change of plan...I bought the $25 voucher for $50 worth to apply to tours from travelzzoo. I will be using it for Auswitz and Salt Mines with Crakow city tours.

There is the morning or afternoon tour for both of the tours. Is one better than the other?

Also, I can go either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Would it matter which day to do the tours? Whatever day is left, I will be going to Zakopane on my own. Which is the best day?

This would be for the lst week of June

thanks

Edited: 29 March 2012, 13:22
New Jersey
Level Contributor
292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

silica, where did you get the voucher, can you send link..i'm checking travel zoo but cant find it.

thanks!

6. Re: Help choose the hardest trip to do on own and tour company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:15