We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

Hainesport, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

Hello everyone. I will be traveling this summer with my wife, arriving in Budapest staying for 4 nights, Flying or riding the train to krakow and staying for 3 nights and then traveling onto Prague to finish out our trip.

I was looking at train schedules online for Polrail and saw that there was an overnight train from krakow to Prague that took 10-11 hours. We will be there in the beginning of July.

Just wanted to see if this was the easiest/best way to get between the two locations and maximize my time in each city, rather than burn unnecessary time sitting in a train, airport or bus.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

Overnight train is good option if you sleep on train (you would probably sleep at that time of day/night anyway). Please keep in mind you can also use overnight train on Budapest-Kraków route.

Trivandrum
Level Contributor
174 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

Are there any other faster routes to go from Krakow to prague-like say buses/budget flights?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,456 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

The time is immaterial as you should be asleep for most of it. The train is definitely the most relaxing and is the best way of maximising your time centre to centre.

NB Polrail is not the operator, but it is an agency that will help you buy tickets - the owner, Jeffrey Dobek, is a regular contributor to this forum and is reliable.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

There are no low cost airlines operating on this route so your best bet is this overnight train.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
71 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

We're going from Krakow to Prague also in July. We had booked a direct flight from Krakow to Prague on CSA airlines but it was cancelled. So we are now taking the night train because there are no other direct flights that day. I would avoid flying because who knows when it will be cancelled! Apparently the Czech airlines (CSA) is not doing well. Not that I know much just thought I'd give my experience!

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

Hi, there are buses going from Cracow to Prague but they are not every day, it takes 10h and you're going during the day. Cost is aprox. 140PLN per person. There is also option if you want to safe some money but not time:) You can go by bus to Cieszyn and catch train from Český Těšín (there are often trains going from there) you can check here http://www.cd.cz/en/

7. Re: Suggestions for getting from Krakow to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:41