We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zakopane question

Level Contributor
639 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Zakopane question

On a daytrip from Krakow to Zakopane, after seeing the city center and going up in the Funicular to Gubakiwka Peak, and visiting the The Tatra Folk Centre, will I have time to see Old wooden houses located in the old part of Zakopane at streets: Koscieliska, Droga na Roje, Skibowki, Krzeptowki and also,the Old Little Church (Stary Kosciolek) on ul. Krzeptowk?

If so, would you be able to tell me how to get there from the city center - walk or take a specific bus?

Best Seller
Day Trip to Auschwitz Birkenau and...
262 reviews
from US$87.20*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau...
95 reviews
from US$72.90*
Best Seller
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
249 reviews
from US$48.00*
Special Offer
Krakow Super Saver...
798 reviews
from US$87.20*
US$94.70
Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zakopane question

Hi,

Kościeliska Street is just next to Na Gubałówkę Street (there is Funicular) so when you get down to the city you have to walk like 5-10 min and you will be on Kościeliska Street. Al those streets you've mentioned (Droga do Rojów, Skibówki) are cross streets. And Krzeptówki Street is an extention of Kościeliska Street. You can have look here: http://www.mapa-online.pl/mapa,Zakopane.html

These street is very long but you can do it on foot:)

Level Contributor
639 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zakopane question

TomKrak, thank you very much for your very helpful directions and link to the map you provided. I appreciate it and am delighted that I will be able to see these old wooden houses and the church.

I like architecture and history and do not hike or ride a bicycle so am trying to put together an itinerary for what to see on my day trip to Zakopane. If you have any suggestions of things for me to see in Zakopane other than the ones I have mentioned, I welcome them.

3. Re: Zakopane question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:41