We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions

I'm leaving for Europe in a few days, I'm getting excited!!

I'm going to have three days in Krakow and I still have a few questions. I'm still trying to decide if I want to book a tour for the salt mines and Auschwitz. If I go alone to Auschwitz I want to get there early, are there maps available so I will understand what I'm looking at? The only reason I'm considering a tour is becaues I'm still nervous about getting to both places. I've heard the salt mines are either the 304 bus or the 301 bus, and I'm still worried about missing the correct stop.

I'm looking forward to eating some traditional food, any suggestions for restaurants and/or what kind of food I should look for? I'll be staying in Kazimierz.

Krakow Free Walkative Tour
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Good Cracow Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Krakow Direct Private Tours
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Cracow Free Tours Krakow
City Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions

I cant comment on Auschwitz as we went as part of a tour, we were picked up from our B&B and taken to Auschwitz. The guide got us through and gave us a map. We were then left for 2 1/2 hours to see it as we wanted to rather than with a guide.

When you get on the 304, there is a digital sign that displays the name of when the bus is going to. You will work out the stop it says something like Wieliczka (something Cant remember) Sol. But most people get off here anyway.

The stop to get back to Krakow is on the other side of the road but just round the corner.

I have put a couple of markers on this map. The bus marker is where you get dropped off and the Pin marker is when you get picked up.

http://prntscr.com/9675w

Hope that is of some help.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions

What tour company did you use and would you recommend it or did you feel that going on your own would have been just as good?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions

restaurants

Hawelka on the market square where you should try the red borsch soup and the mixed perogi

Pod Wawalem for the schabowy

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions

Hi there, I would recommend Krakow Tours. We went with them this year and found them to be excellent. They have six people to a vehicle which is just enough. We did the Auschwitz and Salt Mines tour in the one day and we'll be booking with them for next year again :)

Tarnow, Poland
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions

Going on your own would is better. Tour company - easy but not fine and exciting.

Public transport in Poland - cheap, easy, ok.

You decide how long in Auschwitz or the other places.

Company tours are recomending on this tour by owners.

Tarnow, Poland
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions

Sorry, mistake

Going on your own - is better !!

7. Re: A few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:41
Get answers to your questions about Krakow