We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow For A Week

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Krakow For A Week

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could possibly help. Me and my boyfriend are heading to Krakow for a week in August. Will be doing all the usual tours and sightseeing and will be eating out every day for lunch and dinner. Several people have told me the value for money in Krakow is excellent but im not to sure how much money i should take. Exchanging GBP for the currency and the rate is pretty good, just unsure how much would do for a week. Any ideas please? :)

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow For A Week

Hi we have been a couple of times and found around £50 each per day is about right, it all depends how expensive you want it to be, you could also allow a little extra to pay for your trips..

G&L

leven
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow For A Week

£50 a day each is plenty you will live like kings with that lol just make sure you take english money with you and change it there but not at the orange kantors

3. Re: Krakow For A Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 June 2012, 14:06
4. Re: Krakow For A Week

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 June 2012, 14:02
Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow For A Week

Thanks for the help guys :) Wasn't sure if it was better to exchange here or in Krakow itself as have come across quite a lot of mixed opinion regarding that.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow For A Week

Yes, definitely change money in Krakow. Much better rate. I can recommend a bureau that gives really good rates and is honest at 22 Karmelicka. It's approx a 5 min walk from the main square (Rynek Glowny).

Another alternative is to use cashpoints. The rates are quite good on these, but tell your bank before you travel if you intend using your card.

£50 a day is plenty, unless you have extravagant tastes. Tours will eat into this a bit, but you should be bringing some home, as eating and drinking in Krakow is very good value. The Zloty rate is the best it has been for a long time.

Edited: 21 June 2012, 18:42
Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow For A Week

Usually the best Kantor is the one called Grosz at Slawkowska No. 2, It is always better to change money on midweek days rather than weekends though.

8. Re: Krakow For A Week

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 06:16