We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polish restaurant

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Polish restaurant

We will be in Krakow for a weekend in July, and I only want to experience Polish places and food ( no pizza or pasta!) I have read in my guide book that the bar mleczny ( milk bar) is a Polish institution. Can someone tell me if there are any close to Krakow's old town? I'd also like to go out to a Polish restaurant. Any suggestions or dishes you believe you HAVE to try to experience Poland? Thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polish restaurant

you can try here, its cheap and cheerful, mostly student and anyone wanting something cheap lol take your chances here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh7liccQWKM Try walking up to the old jewish quarter in Kazimierze up by the wawal castle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIMyrYf0_Wk any other questions just ask. Check out some of the posts ive put here they might be helpful

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polish restaurant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh7liccQWKM cheap, cheerful and not very nice ( my opinion ) enjoy lol

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,144 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Polish restaurant

There's a popular Bar Mleczny right in the middle of the Old Town, on ul. Grodzka. In Kazimierz I like the one at ul. Miodowa 13 but it's been poshed up a bit but if you want the real thing, there's one on the corner of ul. Dietla and ul. Starowislna. In Nowa Huta, go to the Stylowa Cafe - they have a statuette of Lenin (although thankfully it's quite small).

At this time of year I avoid the heavy, winter dishes like bigos and savoury pierogi. Try the soups (hot and cold) and fruit filled pierogi.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Polish restaurant

Thought you might like to see this amazing city live krakow.pl/multimedialny_krakow/3222,artykul,…

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Polish restaurant

i like polakowski.....theres one on miodowa near starowislna in kazimierz and one on plac dominikanski near the tram stop in the old town

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Polish restaurant

I'm in krakow now and have eaten in the Chata restaurant twice already. It serves traditional Polish food, which is delicious, it is really cheap and the staff are very friendly and polite I looked on the Tripadvisor restaurant reviews and took the plunge! You won't be disappointed!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Polish restaurant

Thank you for everyone's recommendations! My map is printed, cant wait to go!

Grafton...
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Polish restaurant

I can't tell you much about milk bars, but in May we had enjoyable traditional Polish meals in Old Town at Miod Molina on ul. Grodzka; also Stodola on Ul. Florianska which was very good. If you time it right, Dobry Kumpel Pub downstairs just outside Stodola has a buy one get one free happy hour for pre or post dinner drinks. In Kazamierz we enjoyed sitting outside in the evening at Vinci and Awiw on Ul. Szeroka off Miodowa. There are so many good restaurants that are quite reasonably priced that you really can't go too far wrong. Enjoy your stay!

ct
Level Contributor
153 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Polish restaurant

Just came back from Krakow and strongly suggest you try Jadtododajna Restuarant which is located across from the Holocaust Memorial near Schindler's Factory Museum. Amazing authentic Polish food at extremely reasonable prices. We went there for lunch so I don't know if they are open.

For dinner we ate at Chimera one night which is close to the main square. Excellent authentic food as well.

If you are going to the milk bar mentioned previously you should go for lunch as it nears dinner there didn't appear to be much food left.

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Polish restaurant

If you go to the W Starej Kuchni, at the western end of Tomasz, a few minutes from the NW corner of Market Square, you'll find the menu includes "Parade of Polish Soups" (£3 at 5zloty/£) and "Polish Platter" (£8.80). You pick four soups from their menu (of five) and get small portions of each.

The Polish Platter is huge, and you're unlikely to be able to tackle a sweet.

www.wstarejkuchni.pl/english/index.html

The menu:

wstarejkuchni.pl/_pdf/W_Starej_Kuchni_Tomasz…

With very nice Polish beer at around £1.60 a half litre, there's a substantial meal for less than the cost of a main course in the UK.