We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tlk or ec/eci trains?

Valladolid
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
tlk or ec/eci trains?

Traveling through Poland by train, I wish to know the diference between the TLK and EC/ECI trains. The same durantion of the trip and half priced.

It's worth the price of traveling in EC trains or in the TLK?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tlk or ec/eci trains?

Wikipedia : Trains are divided into the categories: EuroNight, EuroCity, Express InterCity (which are generally faster and more expensive) and TLK (interregional fast trains, which are slower than EN/EC/EIC/Ex, but cheaper) and international fast trains.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tlk or ec/eci trains?

TLK will typically make more stops and will be more crowded

a compartment on an EC/EIC will typically have 6 people, on a TLK 8 people.

Reservations are compulsory on EC/EIC,standing/overcrowding is not uncommon on TLK

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tlk or ec/eci trains?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274723-i959-k52…

Some TLK trains (not all) require reservation in 2nd class compartments - you can check reservation details on the websites listed in the above link. All IC/EC require reservation in 1st and 2nd class. IC/EC are supposed to be air-conditioned and are usually cleaner than TLK trains. My advice - check times of travel, if a travel is short like 2-3 hours then take a TLK train. If your travel is longer then IC trains would be a better choice.

4. Re: tlk or ec/eci trains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:15