We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow Questions

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow Questions

I will be making my first trip to Krakow next month and have a few questions I hope you all can help with.

First, in my travels to other European countries (Italy, for example) you are allowed to use the restroom in small shops or cafes if you purchase something there. Is that the case in Krakow as well?

Second, I've read a few times that people recommend the electric cart sight seeing tours. Are there stops for them around the city or just one central location that you have to go to to get onboard?

Lastly, we are going to do an overnight in Zakopane. We are using a driver to get there, but taking the train back. Is the train station in Zakopane easy to navigate and easy to for a non-Polish speaker to buy tickets? I am traveling with my elderly mother (who does speak a little Polish), so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing so as not to make her run around all over the place!

I am very excited about my trip and have gotten so much information from this forum - I thank you all who have contributed!

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow Questions

1. Cafes - yes. Shops - I don't think so.

2. You shouldn't have a problem finding a cart close to the Main Square, mostly on the street between the Main Square and the Small Square. I have seen lots of them on the corner of Szczepańska and Sławkowska as well. You can probably find them all around the Main Square and Kazimierz, but these two places are basically full of these carts.

2. Re: Krakow Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 August 2012, 09:35
Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow Questions

Hi,

Some shops and cafes let you pay to use the restroom, it will say on the door. Some places say for customers only.

The biggest congregation of golf carts are at the north east of the Rynek. There is a smaller company based at the south of Szeroka in Kazimierz.

I'm sure there will be others.

Your mother might prefer the horse and cart from the north west of the Rynek.

Have fun :-)

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow Questions

Thank you all so much for your responses!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow Questions

Dont take the train from Zakopane to Kraków - it takes much longer than a bus ride. Take the bus.

6. Re: Krakow Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:15