We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and clothing ...

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and clothing ...

I will be visiting Krakow for the very first time (and my first time in Poland) from 30 October to 3 November this year. Can anybody advise what the weather is usually like at this time - and also what clothing I should bring?

What is the dress code for evenings? I'm not intending visiting clubs or "posh" restaurants; I just want to eat out and drink and enjoy a bit of "people watching" and taking in the sights. Will I be okay in jeans (nice ones) and a decent top.

I will be staying in the Kazimierz area and am really looking forward to it.

Jak xx

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and clothing ...

Hi.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g274723-s208/Poland… Autumn weather is very unpredictable. Usually late September and October are warm with possible showers. November is frequently very wet and can be cold but on the other hand - it can sometimes be just lovely, sunny and warm presenting the so-called "Polish golden autumn" (złota polska jesień).

I would recommend you checking the weather forecasts 1-2 days before your departure and pack your clothes accordingly. I also always recommend taking layers - waterproof jacket, some warm sweater, good shoes. It can sometimes be quite warm in late October, like +15C and sunny but unfortunately bad weather is very, very possible.

Mind that November 1st is our national holiday (All Saints' Day), you can read about it here tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g274723-s202/Poland… I can remember snow on All Saints' Day as well as sunny weather so be prepared for everythig.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and clothing ...

Thank you for that - I will come prepared and bring a variety of clothing. Looks like layering will be the best option.

Jak xx

3. Re: Weather and clothing ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 06:16