We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

Dzien dobry:

My girlfriend and I hope to be touring Central Europe next May or June. Our itinterary requires that we get from the Liptov or Poprad region to Krakow. We would like to do it comfortably and without too much hassle (changing trains, buses, etc.).

Can anyone recommend an efficient means of trasportation to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov? Depending on the price we could even consider hiring a driver, though we would prefer a direct train or direct shuttle bus.

Thank you in advance.

Krakow Free Walkative Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Good Cracow Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Krakow Direct Private Tours
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Cracow Free Tours Krakow
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

Hi.

As far as I know there are no direct connections between those two places in Slovakia and Krakow. You can go by train but this will require at least one change and 7 hrs of travel. You can also get to Zakopane first and then to Krakow (you can visit Zakopane on your way, it's an interesting place).

Here is the old thread about the same route, maybe this will help you somehow but some of this info may be outdated: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274938-i10120-k83…

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

From Poprad to Zakopane with "strama" bus company, from zakopane to kraków there are lots of buses.

Timetable Poprad- Zakopane :

http://strama.eu/pl/rozkady-jazdy.html

I travelled with them a week ago and everything went perfectly.

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

Looks like it is quite a scenic journey!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

Thank you for all the replies everyone. Your help is very much appreciated.

5. Re: Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 12:53
6. Re: Getting to Krakow from Poprad or Liptov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Krakow