We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012 Christmas market

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
2012 Christmas market

Hello

We are looking to visit Krakow between the dates of 1/12/12 and 4/12/12. Im aware the dates for this years Christmas markets haven't been announced but from what I can see they seem to start around the end of Nov / beg Dec. Has anyone visited the markets around these dates in previous years as we were wondering if all the stalls would be open.

Thanks,

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012 Christmas market

You should be OK - I live here and usually notice that the market is open by the end of November (it gets earlier each year...).

cambridge
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012 Christmas market

Hi there

I was wondering if they had announced the exact date - I'm coming on nov 25th

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
256 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012 Christmas market

Just stumbled across this post and am curious. Are the Christmas markets in Poland worth visiting? Are they any different from the ones in Germany or France?

Fran

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012 Christmas market

bulleta, in my opinion, the Christmas Markets are worth visiting in Poland. Granted, I have only ever been to the Christmas Market in Krakow. It is not huge compared to the Christmas Market in Munich, for example, but it is comparable to the Christmas Market in Rothenburg ob der Tauber as far as size. Regarding what is on sale, I've found the stalls to be pretty standard and comparable to every Christmas Market I've been to (several in Germany, Vienna, Prague, Budapest). I know that I did make several purchases while I was at the Krakow Christmas Market because they had many beautiful items.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
256 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012 Christmas market

Thanks Peper81! I try to go to a different market each year but I find they have mostly the same things. We've exhausted the list of places within driving distance and I thought it may be time to venture further. Nowadays I go somewhere in/near Munich for the atmosphere and end up never buying anything - just eating and drinking.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2012 Christmas market

do you know when exactly the market open s?

we are there from nov 22 through 25

thank y ou

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2012 Christmas market

According to what was posted here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k5880… it doesn't look like the Christmas Market will open until November 28th. Hopefully you'll luck out and there will be a few stalls popping up while you are there.

Leicester
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2012 Christmas market

Hi

christmas market usually opens beginning of dec....so looks like sat 1st of dec this year, i've been the last couple of years and my wife loves it....hope this helps.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2012 Christmas market

As I wrote several times in other threads, last year the market in Krakow started just like in Wroclaw - on 25th December. This year the market in Wroclaw starts on 23rd so maybe in Krakow it will be the same. The market in Warsaw starts on 24th so it's also another option. Usually those markets start more or less the same time. Those dates for Warsaw and Wroclaw are official, the market in Krakow still doesn't have its own website and that's why it's vague.

http://www.jarmarkbozonarodzeniowy.com/

http://www.jarmarkbozonarodzeniowy.org/

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2012 Christmas market

rocking_pony - I think you mean November, not December :)