We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisla Krakow Tickets

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Wisla Krakow Tickets

We are in krakow end October / early November and want to go to the Wisla game against Lech Posnan on Friday 2 November.

Can anyone help with advice ...

1) is it safe ? I have heard about problems in polish football and we are travelling with some kids (11/10)

2) where can we get tickets from ? The club website (english version) has prices in it but no online purchase or details of where to buy tickets

3) will we need photo ID to get tickets ?

4) where is the best place to sit in the ground and are there any areas of the ground to avoid ?

5) what's the best way to get to the ground ? we are staying about a half kilometre south of the main square

Thanks for any advice

Mentioned in this post
Wisla
Wisla
Silesia Province, Poland
Lech
Lech
Vorarlberg, Austria
Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wisla Krakow Tickets

1) is it safe ? I have heard about problems in polish football and we are travelling with some kids (11/10)

It will be safe. polish games are very heavily policed. There will be one section where the "boisterous" fans congegrate, it will be noisy. If you buy more expensive sections of the ground you will avoid them.

2) where can we get tickets from ? The club website (english version) has prices in it but no online purchase or details of where to buy tickets

The stadium. Not so sure about Wisla but Cracovia have ticket booths around the ground. tickets can be purchased from these in advance

3) will we need photo ID to get tickets ?

I expect so yes. i usedmy passport at cracovia. At cracovia you register and get your photo taken, As you enter the ground they check the person using the ticket is the same person who bought it,

4) where is the best place to sit in the ground and are there any areas of the ground to avoid ?

I don't know Wisla's ground. there will be a section for the "ultras" this will be among the lower price ticket ranges. I am sure there will be "main stand" which will be slightly more expensive

5) what's the best way to get to the ground ? we are staying about a half kilometre south of the main square

Mentioned in this post
Wisla
Wisla
Silesia Province, Poland
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wisla Krakow Tickets

Thanks very much for responding

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wisla Krakow Tickets

I went to Wisla's last game of the season last year.

You are required to pre purchase tickets with photo id. My friend sorted that out and I'm not sure how that went.

Anyway, we sat in the new family stand which was behind the goals. I didn't feel intimidated at all.

I actually paid more attention to the fans of either team rather than the football. The organised cheering was mesmorising!

We walked to and from the game but I felt this was quite a distance, too much for me after being up from 3.30am to catch the flight to Krakow. I'm sure there will be some public transport, but taxis are pretty cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wisla Krakow Tickets

Thanks for responding

Sounds like a trip to the stadium to get the tickets when we arrive !

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wisla Krakow Tickets

Possibly to walk!!

Or a tram towards Cichy Kacik and get off at Reymana.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wisla Krakow Tickets

Thanks !

7. Re: Wisla Krakow Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:17