We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! Krakow :)

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Help!!! Krakow :)

Hi

I am trying to book Krakow early march for myself and my boyfriend, as we have a lot on next year i wanted to try an go near the weekend to save booking time off work, this is proving quite difficult at the moment. I was hoping to get it booked in time for christmas - the problem i am having at the moment is the only flights available are all in the week and either 2nights or 5nights and i was hoping for something in between.

1. Does anyone know if closer to the time more flights will be available?

2.If not, the break i have seen is Wed-Friday, i would have roughly 1 and a half full days there. Would this be long enough, the main reason i want to go is to go on the auschwitz tour, anything else would be a bonus!

Thanks in advance

Emma

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

Where are you flying from?

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

Liverpool

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

Easyjet looks like Sunday - Wednesday.

Ryanair seems to be Fri - Mon - Wed.

Which airlines are you looking at?

One and a half days would mean you get to see Auschwitz but not much else. And there's sooo much more to see!

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

I could do sunday - wednesday. But i think the flights are more expensive. My budget is around £300. I'm not too sure what else i would like to see to be honest. It would be my first touristy holiday ... Ryan air and easyjet are looking the best airlines to choose from

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

Accommodation and expenses are relatively cheap in Krakow.

I was there a fortnight ago (11th trip) for three nights. The whole trip for my friend and I cost bang on £400. This included the flights with hold luggage, three nights in a two bed apartment, transfers and a night at the airport Hilton before we left!

I exchanged £100 in Krakow and came back with more than £30.

I'm sure you'll manage to fit it into £300 - without the airport stay and a room for two instead of an apartment. We ate in the top restaurants too. We could've saved money there.

I can guarantee though, you will fall in love with the place and your first won't be your last visit!

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

Oh really thats amazing! Who did u fly with? I've now seen a holiday monday - wednesday for £200 so even if i went i could always go back an visit the other things. What days did you go on? I cant believe how cheap it is there! Did u stay quite local aswell? Where would you recommend the most central place to stay is! I was looking at the park inn hotel. Thank you so much for your help by the way!

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

We flew from Edinburgh with Easyjet on a Sunday morning, but booked it about six months ago. I'm sure our seats were the cheapest on the flight at about £24 (less than the case in the hold!!).

The Park Inn isn't really that close to the centre, probably about a 20 minute walk. If you're going to be there for such a short time you'd be better right in the centre near the Rynek, at least within the Planty. The Park Inn is across the river on the other side of the castle from the centre.

I always stay down in Kazimierz (The Jewish Quarter), and usually for a week. I felt the three nights was too short.

And, you're welcome by the way. Just keep firing questions at me :-) I'm nightshift at work and I've got another 8 hours to sit here answering them!

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

Ah okay! See things like that i have no idea about! I just go by what travel republic said about it being close to the city centre. I know ideally i would like to go for a bit longer but we have another holiday, glastonbury booked but its not something i want to wait till the year after to book. I'm dying to go and its the week of my boyfriends birthday aswell so will be nice to get away. I'm going to get back on the internet and look for flights on a sunday. I'm sure i will have plenty more questions :)

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

You won't see much of Krakow if you want to go for just two nights and also see Auschwitz. Maybe check also EasyJet flights? If you choose only one piece of luggage the price is a bit lower.

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help!!! Krakow :)

Not sure what dates you are looking but you can fly out from Liverpool on Friday 1st March returning Mon 3rd for £123 each, thats flying out with easy jet and back with Ryanair or oyu can go from the 3rd to the 6th for £94, check out the link below..

http://www.skyscanner.net/

G&L