We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Columbus or Hotel Kossak

East London
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Columbus or Hotel Kossak

Has anybody stayed in either of these hotels before?

Columbus is in the Jewish quarter and Kossak near Wawel Castle. Both rate well with trip advisor - just wondered if anyone had personal experience

Thank you

Bangor NI
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Columbus or Hotel Kossak

Haven't stayed in Kossak but have stayed 3 times in Columbus. Really good hotel and close to all bars and restaurants in Kazimierz. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if in Krakow.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Columbus or Hotel Kossak

the kossak really isnt near the castle....its a bit of a walk and accross a busy intersection.....as usual it depends on what you like and what you want to do.....they are oth ranked high on here.....i've stayed at the columbus before....i did it because of the location as i wanted to get better acquainted with kazimierz AND the tram literally stops right in front of the hotel so i can around the city fast and easily..to get to szeroka street in kazimierz you walk through the big mysterious building accross the street and ouilla you are in kazimierz....2 stops on the tram and you are at the edge of the old town...nice small hotel......the kossak is a bigger hotel,pricier and with better views as it is a much higher building...im sure the tram goes through there but its a large busy intersection and i'm not so sure where or how....its on the opposite side of the old town from the columbus..nice river access...maybe a 10 minute walk to the old town....good cheap department store/super market net door....non touristy restaurants as you really arnt in a touristy area.

East London
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Columbus or Hotel Kossak

Thankyou for your helpful replies. I was leaning towards columbus due to location and think I'll stick to that

Ireland
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Columbus or Hotel Kossak

Stayed in Hotel Columbus last December with my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed it. The close proximity to the Kazimierz was why we chose this hotel and it certainly delivers. It's adjacant to some gorgeous Jewish restaurants too and took us less than ten mins to reach the old town on foot. Hotel was very comfortable and cosy and staff on reception extremely helpful and friendly. Good breakfast each morning with plenty of choice. Enjoy !

5. Re: Hotel Columbus or Hotel Kossak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:15