We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accommodations in Krakow

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Accommodations in Krakow

Hello travelers,

I am looking for some advice about accommodations for my trip to Krakow. I am going with two other young people and we are looking for a budget place to stay. Three is a tough number, so our selection is limited. I am having trouble knowing what is a good location. We are going for three days in December, and we plan on visiting Auschwitz, the Salt Mine, the Castle, the central square...all the main stuff. I have seen some stuff about being close to the square and others about being in the Jewish Quarter where the night life tends to be. So here are my questions:

1. Which location would be more ideal?

2. How far is the Jewish Quarter from the main square in old town?

3. Any specific recommendations for places to stay?

Thank you!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
814 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accommodations in Krakow

There a sight you can look at which will help you with attractions and tours

www.krakowtours.co.uk alot of good info and tours on there and you can book with them aswell.

With regards to accomodation i stayed somewhere call Mosquito hostel and it was a great location, great prices and great place to stay. You can find it on Hostelworld

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accommodations in Krakow

I got back from Krakow this morning, stayed in the Jewish quarter (Kazimierz) and thought it was fantastic. It's about a 15 minute stroll to the central square ... but I thought the better bars and restaurants were in Kazimierz (~Plac Nowy and the surrounding streets is the place to be in the evenings).

Jak xx

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Accommodations in Krakow

great Thanks! We just booked place in Kazimierz. Any suggestions for bars/clubs? Any places to avoid? As a woman, did you feel safe walking back late at night?

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Accommodations in Krakow

I thought the Singer Bar was very good - spent most evenings in there drinking vishnuka (not spelt right but it's cherry vodka) with sprite - it's very atmospheric. There's loads of other bars - Alchemia gets great reviews.

Never felt unsafe walking back at night - even though I was with my elderly mum. I think it's just a case of being sensible and avoiding walking in dark places and dodgy-looking areas (and not walking on your own).

Jak xx

Hampshire
Level Contributor
248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Accommodations in Krakow

We always stay in Kazimierz and I've always felt safe - having the police based on Szeroka helps :0)

Mechanoff on Plac Nowy and the Krokodyli on Szeroka are two of my faves and there's lots of nice little bars on Jozefa - you'll be spoilt for choice.

essex england
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Accommodations in Krakow

We have stayed both times in the kazimierz district . the first time at the kazimierz 1 hotel and this recent visit at the spatz across the street . Both excellent and very cheap .. something like £40 per night including breakfast per room at this time of year in either if you shop around the bedbookers.

7. Re: Budget Accommodations in Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Krakow