We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

Which would you choose and why;

Sheraton Krakow or Holiday Inn Krakow City ??

Cheers

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

I'd choose the Holiday Inn - the Sheraton is hideous but it was designed by an influential academic so apparently that's OK, and a number of historic buildings were demolished to construct it.

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

Thanks for your speedy reply.

How far away is the Holiday Inn from the main square? how long would it take on foot?

Many thanks

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

holiday in is a better location.....a shorter walk to the old town....but....if you are going in winter or during bad weather, the bright atrium of the shereton will be a nice refuge....high level of american type service there....i've never stayed in either but have hung out at the shereton

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

Hi Casey, I plan on going early March so I guess it'll still be rather cold.

The more Info I obtain and read is leading me towards booking the Holiday Inn as I rather like the idea of staying in a converted palace.

Many thanks for your reply Casey

wexford
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

Holiday Inn nearer the square. But never stayed in it stayed in Wielopole opposite just before Christmas. It looks nice.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

The Sheraton does have an added bonus of a nice Swimming Pool and nice views if Wawel Castle but then Holiday Inn is close, so depends what your after. I havn't stayed in either. I'm staying in the Hotel Rezydent next month

USA/Polska
Level Contributor
451 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

I'd stay where breakfast is included. Before reserving look at the directrooms.com or hotelscombined .com websites to get a good price with breakfast included. I've never stayed in either, but have walked in the Sheraton, and as a previous poster has said, it has a nice spa which is a nice place to warm up in after a day of March sightseeing. To Mateusz, I hope the Rezydent has been gutted and completely remodeled. I stayed there about 7 years ago and it was a real dumperoo. Let us know with a review what you think about it. Thanks!

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

The Holiday Inn is closer to the main square than the Sheraton. If a spa and pool are important to you, have a look also at the Hotel Stary which is practically on the square, has beautiful interiors and an amazing pool/spa deep in the gothic cellars.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

Thank you for the heads up MortUsa, i believe it has been gutted, let's hope so lol

linlithgow scotland
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Hotel...............................Aaaargh!!

Good deal on pre-pay with the Sheraton at the moment.